St. Michael the Archangel, Schererville, Las Vegas Style Super Raffle and Football Party for 21 and older, doors open 3 p.m. in school gym for buffet dinner, beverages, games and door prizes. Event and raffle tickets separate. 322-6130
Holy Name of Jesus, Cedar Lake, Second annual craft show hosted by the parish youth group to benefit Project Love Food Pantry, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. in the gym. Booth fee. 374-7160
FOOD & FESTIVAL
Our Lady of Consolation, Merrillville, Meat Loaf Dinner hosted by Good Shepherd Council Knights of Columbus,4-7 p.m. in Vamos Hall. Preschoolers eat free. Carryouts available.
St. Matthias, Crown Point, Date Night for couples with dinner, beverages and fellowship; free babysitting provided. Call 663-2201 for tickets.
St. James the Less, Highland, Chili Cook Off hosted by St. John Paul II Council 16008 Knights of Columbus, noon-5 p.m. Bring in a pot of chili to share, or just come to sample. Call 677-1100 for details.
St. Joan of Arc, Merrillville, Spaghetti Dinner hosted by Knights of Columbus Msgr. Ralph Hoffman Council 13003, 4-7 p.m. Children 5 and younger eat free. Call Dave Gough at 942-8378 or Frank Gorski at 942-3320.
• All Saints, Hammond, All-You-Can-Eat Soup Supper with salad, bread, beverage and dessert, 5-7 p.m. in school hall. Carryouts available.
• St. John the Evangelist, St. John, Wine and Craft Beer Tasting beneit for St. John the Evangelist School, 7-10 p.m. in the school gym. Regular and Top Shelf Supporter tickets available
St. Andrew the Apostle, Merrillville, Annual All-You-Can-Eat Soup Kitchen, Salad Bar and Bake Sale, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. in Ameling Hall. Carryouts available in pints and quarts. Proceeds benefit Deacon George Modrak Tuition Assistance Fund at Aquinas School. To volunteer to make soup or bake, call Rick or Tina at 662-2437.
• St. James the Less, Highland, Valentine’s Day Dinner/Dance hosted by St. John Paul II Council 16008 Knights of Columbus, 6:30 p.m. for buffet dinner and 8 p.m.-midnight dancing to Just for Fun, favors and open bar. Tickets in advance only; call Daniel Mills at 801-5250 or Robert Mikuly at 776-8773.
• St. Michael the Archangel, Schererville, “That’s Amore” Dinner-Dance for all married couples, with cocktail hour, buffet dinner and dancing. 6-11 p.m. Cash bar. Tickets available at parish office, 322-4505, x220.
• St. Maria Goretti, Dyer, Seventh annual Paczki Ball hosted by the Dyer Knights of Columbus with family-style Polish dinner, cash bar and music by Jimmy Kilian’s Polka Band, 6-11:30 p.m. in Casa Maria Hall. Reservations due by Feb. 4.
St. Edward, Lowell, Fourth annual Dinner and Doo Wop Concert featuring Harbor Lights a cappella vocal group, 6:30 p.m. dinner and 7:30 p.m. concert. Advance tickets only at 696-7221.
St. Michael the Archangel, Schererville, Senior GEMS Fat Tuesday Celebration with food and games for all 51 and older, meeting at 10 a.m. and party from noon-2 p.m. in St. Patrick Hall. Call Carol at 805-0413 to RSVP and bring a dessert or side dish to share
GATHERINGS & CLASSES
• St. Maria Goretti, Dyer, 'Acrylic Painting Classes,' Tues., 1-3 p.m., Casa Maria Hall. Fees. 865-5482
• Young Adult Catholic Outreach Ministry, '2nd Friday Fellowship,' various sites, activities. dgyoungadult.com
• St. Joan of Arc, Merrillville, ‘ARCS for Retired Catholic Seniors 55+,’ 12:30 p.m. fourth Sunday in church hall.
• Nativity of Our Savior, Portage, Society of St. Vincent de Paul meeting, 6:30 p.m. first and third Mondays in the Cana Room.
• Michael the Archangel, Schererville, Senior GEMS for all 51 and older, 10 a.m. second and fourth Tuesdays in St. Patrick Hall.
Andrean High School, Merrillville, Open House to meet teachers, students and administrators and tour campus, 6-8 p.m.
Andrean High School, Merrillville, Entrance Exam, check in at 7:30 a.m., exam begins at 8 a.m. and ends at 11-11:30 a.m. Enter Door L at gym lobby. RSVP at andreanhs.org/rsvp.
• St. John the Evangelist School, St. John, Free Pancake Breakfast and Open House with guided tours, 8 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Call 365-5451 or visit sjeschool.org.
• Nativity of Our Savior School, Portage, Open House to kick off Catholic Schools Week, 9-11 a.m.
• St. Michael the Archangel Catholic School, Schererville, Open House for preschool through grade 8, 11:30 a.m. Mass, and 1-2:30 p.m. free spaghetti lunch and tours. 322-4531
• St. Mary Catholic Community School, Crown Point, Open House and Pancake Breakfast, 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. stmarycp/org/school
St. Mary Catholic Community School, Crown Point, Evening Open House 6-8 p.m. Feb. 1. stmarycp/org/school
Andrean High School, Merrillville, Financial Aid Night, 6 p.m.
St. Michael the Archangel Catholic School, Schererville, Open House for preschool through grade 8, 9:30 a.m. Mass, and 11-12:30 p.m. free pancake breakfast and tours. 322-4531
HEALTH & FITNESS
• Our Lady of Consolation, Merrillville, Blood pressure screening after 4:30 p.m. Mass every third Saturday and after 8:30 and 11 a.m. Mass every third Sunday in the main vestibule of the church.
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'YogaFit Classes,' Tues., 6:30-7:30 p.m., in chandelier room. 'Chair Yoga,' Wed., 8:45 a.m., bldg. 2. 926-3495
• St. Maria Goretti, Dyer, 'Zumba Fitness Classes,' Tues., 6-7 p.m., Casa Maria Hall. Fees. 742-6026
• St. Joan of Arc, Merrillville, 'Zumba Gold Classes,' Wed., 12:30 p.m., parish hall. For all fitness levels. Fees. 947-0509
• Franciscan Alliance Northern Indiana Region, 'Lung Screenings,' sites in Chesterton, Crown Point, Dyer, Hammond, Michigan City, Munster, Valparaiso. Fees. 1-855-472-1659
• St. Mary Medical Center, Hobart, 'Diabetus Management Classes,' various sites, dates. 947-6234
St. Bridget, Hobart, American Red Cross blood drive, 2-6 p.m. Call (800) 733-2767 or visit redcrossblood.org to make an appointment, or walk in.
St. Michael the Archangel, Schererville, Blood pressure, glucose and oxygen level screenings, after 5 p.m. Saturday and 7:30 and 9:30 a.m. Sunday Masses in the east coat room.
St. Mary Medical Center Valparaiso Health Center, “Pap-a-thon” health fair with free Pap tests and clinical breast exams, 8-11 a.m. Limited appointments are available at 836-3477 or (866) 836-3477.
St. John the Evangelist, St. John, Documentary series “Betrayal: The Autoimmune Disease Solutions They’re Not Telling You About” hosted by Dr. Tom O’Bryan, 7-8:30 p.m. Thursdays, Jan. 26 to March 9 in St. Francis Room (new church basement). Call 365-5678 to reserve a seat.
Holy Name, Cedar Lake, 'St. Clare's Kitchen,' Tues., 5-6 p.m., basement of church. Sponsored by Secular Franciscans.
Missionaries of Charity, Gary, 'Divine Mercy Soup Kitchen,' M-T-W-F-Sat, 9:30 a.m., former St. Mark convent, 509 W. Ridge Rd.
Ss. Monica and Luke, Gary, 'Soup Kitchen,' Fri., noon-1 p.m., parish hall.
St. Joseph, Dyer, 'Helping Hands Food Pantry,' open 3rd Wed., 10 a.m.-noon, 6-7 p.m. Serving residents of Dyer, Schererville, St. John; bring two proofs of residency. 865-2271
St. Joseph, Hammond, 'St. Joseph Soup Kitchen,' lower level of church, weekdays, noon-1 p.m.
St. Michael Respect Life Group, Schererville, 'Baby Items Needed.' Includes cribs, mattresses, high chairs, car seats, and clothing sizes newborn to 2. 365-5355, 865-0217 or 365-8192
'Winfield Resale Shoppe,' off Randolph St. Open Th-F-Sat, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sponsored by Holy Spirit, Four Seasons Methodist, Cross of Christ Lutheran; St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Valparaiso.
All Saints, Hammond, 'Thrift Shop,' open T-Th, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Donations accepted.
St. Maria Goretti, Dyer, Non-food Needs Pantry for local families, 9:30-11 a.m. fourth Saturday in Casa Maria North Hall. To volunteer or donate, call Karen Boyle at 865-5482.
St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Table of Plenty Free Dinner,' Fri., 4:30-6 p.m., Chapel Hall (bldg. 2).
St. Teresa of Avila Student Center, Valparaiso, 'Café Manna,' Thurs., 4:30-6:30 p.m.
St. Paul, Valparaiso, 'Clothing Center for Those in Need,' M/T/W, 1-4 p.m.; Th/Sat, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. 462-0074
St. Mary, Kouts, 'St. Mary's Soup Bowl,' 3rd Tues., 4:30-6:30 p.m., parish hall. Free food, fellowship; open to all. 766-3680
St. Mary, Griffith, 'Pro-Life Mass,' 8 a.m.
• St. John the Baptist, Whiting, Annual Respect Life Prayer Service hosted by Whiting/Robertsdale Faith Enrichment Committee, 2 p.m. with speaker Elizabeth Guzman-Arredondo, MSW, LSW of Calumet College of St. Joseph. Call Margaret Saliga at 659-4138.
• St. John the Evangelist, St. John, Respect Life Prayer Service in conjunction with a family rosary, 7 p.m. in the day chapel
Diocese of Gary, March for Life 2017 pilgrimage to Washington D.C., with visits to Holocaust Museum, Arlington National Cemetery, Smithsonian Institution, national monuments, youth rally and Mass, Evening of Prayer and Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. Fee includes transportation, hotel and some meals. Register at 924-4163.
St. Stephen, Martyr, Merrillville, Respect Life Mass, 9 a.m. (preceded by Sacrament of Reconciliation at 8:30 a.m.), followed by Eucharistic Adoration and Holy Hour.
• St. Bridget, Hobart, ‘Adult Bible Study: Genesis 1-11,’ 10-11:45 a.m. and 5-6:45 p.m. Wednesdays. Fee. Bring your Bible.
• Bethany Retreat House, East Chicago, ‘Stop the World’ daytime retreats,’ 9 a.m.-5 p.m., T-F-Sat. Contact 398-5047 or bethanyretreathouse.org. New Dream Group is forming, to meet 6:30-8:30 p.m. the third Wed. of each month. To register, contact bethanyretreathouse.org or 398-5047.
• Carmelite Shrines, Munster, ‘Blue Army All-Night Vigils,’ 7 p.m. every first Friday of the month until 6 a.m. Saturday. 936-8779
• St. Matthias, Crown Point, Nocturnal Adoration Society meets from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. the first Thursday in the chapel
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, Bereavement Ministry with faith-based approach to dealing with grief, 7 p.m. second Monday in Ministry Room, Bldg. 2. 926-1282 or 241-2732
Holy Name of Jesus, Cedar Lake, Ecumenical Prayer Service, 7 p.m. followed by refreshments.
St. John the Evangelist, St. John, “Strong Catholic Families: Strong Catholic Youth” parent/grandparent/caregiver session sponsored by the Diocese of Gary Office for Youth & Young Adults, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Visit strongcatholicfamiliesdg.org to RSVP or call Kevin Driscoll at 769-9292, x229.
Our Lady of Sorrows, Valparaiso, 40 Hours Devotion with guest homilist Father Benjamin Ross, begins with exposition after 11 a.m. Sunday Mass, continuing with exposition after 8 a.m. Mass on Monday and Tuesday and ending each night with Benediction services at 7 p.m. 759-2400
• Nativity of Our Savior, Portage, 'Family Rosary,' last Sunday of the month, 7 p.m. 'Divine Mercy Chaplet,' 2nd Sunday, before 11 a.m. Mass.
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Pray for Peace,' Sundays in 2016, 3 p.m.
• Notre Dame, Michigan City, 'Pray for Peace,' after 9:30 a.m. Mass. Open to all.
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Light of Christ Charismatic Group,' 6 p.m., bldg. 4, in library. 921-1428 or 312-320-7145
• Sacred Heart, Whiting, ‘Lectionary-based Bible Study,’ 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., Rose Room.
• St. Joseph, Hammond, 'Eucharistic Adoration,' 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m., religious education building chapel. Chaplet of Divine Mercy at 3:30 p.m.
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Scripture Study Group for Men,' 7 p.m., rectory basement. Open to all; bring your Bible.
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Exposition of Blessed Sacrament,' 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m. 'Prayer for Vocations,' every 2nd Thurs. 926-1282 x1
• Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Hammond, 'Mustard Seed Charismatic Prayer Group,' 7 p.m., church gathering area. Open to all. 845-6419
• St. James the Less, Highland, ‘Thursday Morning Bible Study Group’ discusses ‘Prophets I’ by William A. Anderson, DMin, PhD, 9:45
• St. John the Evangelist, St. John, 'Charismatic Prayer Group,' 6:30 p.m., day chapel. 365-5217 or 934-1947
• St. Ann, Gary, 'Mass, Benediction, Bible Study,' starting with 8 a.m. Mass.
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Divine Mercy Chaplet,' 3 p.m., in church, starting Jan. 8. Open to all. 718-4787
• Queen of All Saints, Michigan City, 'Men's Rosary & Doughnuts,' 7:30 a.m., in church. Brief talk; doughnuts & coffee afterward.
• St. Thomas Aquinas, Knox, ‘Mass in the Polish language,’ 6 p.m. (574) 772-4134
Serra Club of Northwest Indiana, Hobart, Meal, meeting, prayer and fellowship with group that fosters and affirms vocations to the priesthood and vowed religious life, 5:30 p.m. the first and third Monday every month in the cafeteria at St. Mary Medical Center, 1500 S. Lake Park Ave. All are welcome.
• St. Joan of Arc, Merrillville, ‘ARCS for Retired Catholic Seniors 55+,’ 4th Sun, 12:30 p.m., in church hall.
• Holy Name, Cedar Lake, 'Grief Support Group,' 1st/3rd Tues., 6:30-8 p.m., parish office building.
• Franciscan St. Margaret Health-Dyer, 'Alcoholics Anonymous,' Sun., 8 p.m., classroom F.
• Our Lady of Sorrows, Valparaiso, 'Compassionate Friends,' 1st Thurs., 7-9 p.m. For those who have lost children or grandchildren. 462-0921 'Rainbows, Spectrum.' For children experiencing trauma, loss, transition. 759-2400
• St. Agnes Adult Day Service Center, Valparaiso, 'Alzheimer's Support Group,' second Thurs., 3-4:30 p.m., St. Paul campus. 477-5433
• Franciscan Adult Day Services, Crown Point, 'Alzheimer's Caregiver Support Group,' second Sun., 2:30-4 p.m. 661-5302
• Franciscan St. Anthony Health-Crown Point, 'Breast Cancer Support Group,' second Wed., 6 p.m. 757-6010
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, ‘Bereavement Ministry’ with faith-based approach to dealing with grief, conducted by those who have suffered a loss. Share or listen at 7 p.m. second Monday every month except August in Ministry Room of Building 2. 926-1282 or 241-2732
• St. Paul, Valparaiso, ‘Men's Breakfast Support Group’ for men taking care of person's with Alzheimer's Disease/dementia, 8:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at the Viking Chili Bowl Restaurant, U.S. 30, Valparaiso. Call Barb or Terri at 477-5433.
• Franciscan St. Margaret Health-Dyer, ‘Caregiver Support Group’ for families with Alzheimer’s/dementia, cancer, stroke and other care responsibilities, 2-3:30 p.m. the fourth Sunday in Blessed Mother Conference Room, west entrance. Call Jim and Pat Koeling at 365-3898 or (888) 303-0180.
• St. Paul, Valparaiso, ‘Caregiver Support Group’ for families caring for those with Alzheimer's disease/dementia, 3-4:30 p.m. second Thursday of each month at Pesto's Italian Restaurant, 3123 Calumet Ave., Valparaiso. Call Barb or Terri at 477-5433.
• Diocese of Gary Pastoral Center, Merrillville, ‘Loving Outreach to Survivors of Suicide’ support group meeting sponsored by Catholic Charities, 7-9 p.m. the third Monday of each month beginning Nov. 21. Call LOSS intake at (312) 655-7284, and to check on meeting in case of severe weather, call (312) 948-7902.
• St. James the Less, Highland, Wounded Healers winter series, seven non-denominational grief support groups for death of a spouse, parent, sibling, friend, child/grandchild and for teens and suicide survivors, 7-8:30 p.m. Wednesdays. 924-5577 or woundedhealers-nwi.com
• St. John the Evangelist, St. John, “Divorce and Beyond” 10-step program for those going through a divorce, 7 p.m. on Mondays, Jan. 9 through March 13. Call Deacon Ed Bodley at 365-7784.
• Franciscan Communities, Crown Point, “Hope for Tomorrow” bereavement support group, 10-11:30 a.m. Mondays, Feb. 6-March 13 in the Holy Family Conference Room.
• St. James the Less, Highland, Wounded Healers winter series, seven non-denominational grief support groups for death of a spouse, parent, sibling, friend, child/grandchild and for teens and suicide survivors, 7-8:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Jan. 18, Feb. 8 and 22, March 1 and 15 (with speaker). 924-5577 or woundedhealers-nwi.com
St. James the Less, Highland, Compassionate Friends in Grief present the video “No One Cries the Wrong Way” featuring Father Joseph Kemp, 1:30-3:30 p.m. in Room 2. Light refreshments. RSVP to Josephine LaVine at 924-4708 or Jim/Marge Rauer at 924-2323.
• St. Mary, Griffith, ‘Tuesday Night Bingo’ volunteers needed weekly at 4 p.m. 922-2283