• St. John Bosco School, Hammond, 'Spring Raffle,' tickets now being sold. Tickets $10. Drawing April 16.
St. Edward, Lowell, 'Harbor Lights Doo-Wop Concert & Dinner,' 6:30 p.m. dinner, 7:30 p.m. show. Advance tickets only. 696-7307
Nativity of Our Savior, Portage, ‘Cosmic Bingo,’ with BINGO, tips, raffles, food and alcohol, 6 p.m.
Ss. Monica and Luke, Gary, ‘Rock The Red Fashion Expo & Dinner,’ 2 p.m. at Avalon Manor, Merrillville. Reserve seating 10 to table $500 or individual general seating $50. Call 883-1861.
Share Foundation, ‘25th Spring Luncheon,’ 10:30 a.m. at Halls of St. George, Schererville. $35 per person. Limited seating. Call 663-5271.
St. Joan of Arc, Merrillville, 'ARCS Trip to Lindenwood Retreat & Conference Center, Donaldson.' Includes motorcoach, refreshments, lunch. Presentation by Fr. G. Schweitzer. 662-2236 or 942-6211
Food & Festival
St. Francis Xavier, Lake Station, ‘Ash Wednesday Fish Fry,’ 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Call 962-8626.
• St. Joseph the Worker, Gary, ‘Taste of St. Joseph’s, Parish Family Favorite Dishes,’ 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., $10 donation. Call 688-6558.
• Solan-Pruzin Funeral Homes Presents, ‘Tamburitzans – Music, Song and Dance,’ 2 p.m., Munster High School. Fee. Call (877) 826-6437.
Lenten Fish Fries (Fridays throughout Lent unless otherwise noted)
• Kof C #1347 at St. Bridget Parish Center, Hobart, Fish Fry,’ 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
• K of C, East Chicago, ‘Fish Fry,’ 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
• K of C Msgr. Weis Council #10596, St. Thomas More Gym, Munster, ‘Lenten Fish Fry,’ 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
• K of C #12149, Our Lady of Sorrows, Valparaiso, 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
• St. Andrew, Merrillville, ’Fish Fry,’ 4 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Ameling Hall. Call 769-8534.
• St. Casimir, Hammond, ’Fish Fry,’ 4 – 7 p.m. Call 931-2589.
• St. Maria Goretti, Dyer, ’Fish Fry,’ 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. Casa Maria Banquet Hall. Call 865-5482.
• St. Mary, Griffith, ’Fish Fry,’ 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. Hildebrandt Hall. Call 922-2283.
• St. Stanislaus Kostka, Michigan City, ’Fish Fry,’ 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Feb. 12, 26, March 11
Assumption, Hobart, ’Fish Fry,’ 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. Call 962-1073.
Lenten Fish Fry, Holy Spirit, Crown Point, 4 to 7 p.m.
St. Mary of the Lake, Gary, ‘Lenten Fish Fry,’ 3:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., Lessard Hall, 6060 Miller Ave., 938-1373
Feb. 12, 19, 26
St. James, Highland, ’Fish Fry,’ 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
K of C St. John Paul II Council, Highland, ‘Valentine’s Day Dinner-Dance,’ St. James the Less parish hall, 5:30 p.m.-midnight. Advance tickets only. 801-5250 or 776-8773
Feb. 19, March 4, March 11
Bishop Noll, Hammond, ‘Lenten Fish Fry,’ 4:30 p.m. – 7 p.m. in cafeteria.
St. Matthias, Crown Point, ‘Polka Mass/Polish Luncheon,’ Mass at Noon followed by luncheon. Tickets $25 per person at parish office or prepayments mailed to St. Matthias, 101 W. Burrell Dr, Crown Point, In 46307. Call 663-2201.
Knights of Columbus, St. Michael Church Hall, Schererville, ‘Fish Fry,’ 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Knights of Columbus #7473, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Valparaiso, ‘Fish Fry,’ 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
• St. Maria Goretti, Dyer, 'Acrylic Painting Classes,' Tues., 1-3 p.m., Casa Maria Hall. Fees. 865-5482
• Young Adult Catholic Outreach Ministry, '2nd Friday Fellowship,' various sites, activities. dgyoungadult.com
• St. Mary Catholic Community School, Crown Point, 'Open House,' Feb. 3, 6-8 p.m. stmarycp.org/school
• Office of Intercultural Ministries, 'Marriage Prep in Spanish,' Feb. 6, 13; May 7, 14; Aug. 6, 13, Nov. 5, 12, all 3-6 p.m. at office, 3814 Grand Blvd., East Chicago. 397-2125
Health & Fitness
• St. Mary, Crown Point, 'Blood Pressure/Sugar Screenings,' Feb. 21, March 20, April 17, May 15, June 19, July 17, Aug. 21, Sept. 18, Oct. 16, Nov. 20, Dec. 18, after all Masses, St. Agnes Center. 'Foresters Blood Drives,' Feb. 14, May 29, Sept. 4, Nov. 27, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Hammes Hall. 'Blood Testing by Healthchek,' March 2, May 4, Sept. 7, Hammes Hall, door F. Fees. 663-6779
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'YogaFit Classes,' Tues., 6:30-7:30 p.m., in chandelier room. 'Chair Yoga,' Wed., 8:45 a.m., bldg. 2. 926-3495
• St. Maria Goretti, Dyer, 'Zumba Fitness Classes,' Tues., 6-7 p.m., Casa Maria Hall. Fees. 742-6026
• St. Joan of Arc, Merrillville, 'Zumba Gold Classes,' Wed., 12:30 p.m., parish hall. For all fitness levels. Fees. 947-0509
• Franciscan Alliance Northern Indiana Region, 'Lung Screenings,' sites in Chesterton, Crown Point, Dyer, Hammond, Michigan City, Munster, Valparaiso. Fees. 1-855-472-1659
• St. Mary Medical Center, Hobart, 'Diabetes Management Classes,' various sites, dates. 947-6234
Holy Name, Cedar Lake, 'St. Clare's Kitchen,' Tues., 5-6 p.m., basement of church. Sponsored by Secular Franciscans.
Missionaries of Charity, Gary, 'Divine Mercy Soup Kitchen,' M-T-W-F-Sat, 9:30 a.m., former St. Mark convent, 509 W. Ridge Rd.
Ss. Monica and Luke, Gary, 'Soup Kitchen,' Fri., noon-1 p.m., parish hall.
St. Joseph, Dyer, 'Helping Hands Food Pantry,' open 3rd Wed., 10 a.m.-noon, 6-7 p.m. Serving residents of Dyer, Schererville, St. John; bring two proofs of residency. 865-2271
St. Joseph, Hammond, 'St. Joseph Soup Kitchen,' lower level of church, weekdays, noon-1 p.m.
St. Michael Respect Life Group, Schererville, 'Baby Items Needed.' Includes cribs, mattresses, high chairs, car seats, and clothing sizes newborn to 2. 365-5355, 865-0217 or 365-8192
'Winfield Resale Shoppe,' off Randolph St. Open Th-F-Sat, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sponsored by Holy Spirit, Four Seasons Methodist, Cross of Christ Lutheran; St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Valparaiso.
All Saints, Hammond, 'Thrift Shop,' open T-Th, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Donations accepted.
St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Table of Plenty Free Dinner,' Fri., 4:30-6 p.m., Chapel Hall (bldg. 2).
St. Teresa of Avila Student Center, Valparaiso, 'Café Manna,' Thurs., 4:30-6:30 p.m.
St. Paul, Valparaiso, 'Clothing Center for Those in Need,' M/T/W, 1-4 p.m.; Th/Sat, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. 462-0074
St. Mary, Kouts, 'St. Mary's Soup Bowl,' 3rd Tues., 4:30-6:30 p.m., parish hall. Free food, fellowship; open to all. 766-3680
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Pro-Life Mass,' 8 a.m.
• St. Stephen, Martyr, Merrillville, 'Respect Life Mass,' 9 a.m. Reconciliation, 8:30 a.m. Future Masses, Feb. 6, March 5, April 2.
St. Matthias, Crown Point, 'We Remember' special service honoring the loss of a child from conception through adulthood. Open to all faiths. Children will be remembered through spiritual readings, songs and unique prayer. Submit name of child(ren) to parish at 663-2201. Service held at St. Matthias on Sunday, Feb. 21 at 1 p.m. Please RSVP by Feb. 1.
Queen of All Saints, Michigan City, 'Indoor Garage Sale & Craft Show.' 326-0110 or 879-6650
• St. James the Less Book Club, Highland, will read “God For Us: Rediscovering the Meaning of Lent and Easter” by Gregory Wolfe, starting with an orientation meeting and book sale on Jan. 28 from 7-7:30 p.m. Sessions are slated for February 18 and 25, March 3, 10 and 17, all from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Call 934-0967.
• Worldwide Marriage Encounter, 'Weekend Programs,' Feb. 12-14, April 8-10, June 10-12, Elk Grove Village, Ill. 630-577-0778 or wwme-chicagoland.org
• St. Michael the Archangel, Schererville, 'Bible Study: Biblical Timeline,' Thurs., 10-11:30 a.m. Session 2, Jan. 28-March 10, 2016; Session 3, April 7-May 19, 2016. Fees. Sign up after Masses. 322-4505 x241 'Bible Study: Book of Isaiah,' Mon. or Wed., thru April 20, 7-8:30 p.m. Fees. 322-1717 or 808-3255
• Bethany Retreat House, East Chicago, 'Journal Writing Group,' 6-week monthly program started Sept. 15, meets 3rd Tues., 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Fees. 'Daytime Retreats,' 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Tues., Fri., Sat. 398-5047 or bethanyretreathouse.org
• St. Bridget, Hobart, 'Adult Bible Study: Genesis 1-11,' Wed., 10-11:45 a.m., 5-6:45 p.m. Fees. Bring your Bible.
• Queen of All Saints, Michigan City, 'Retreat in Daily Life,' 16-part series with Sacred Heart (LaPorte) thru May 2016. Debbie, 872-9196
Feb. 9 – May 3
Catholic Theological at Chicago, ‘Spring Lecture Series – The Cross in Scripture and Theology,’ Feb. 9 at 7 p.m. thru May 3 at 8 p.m. Register online at www.ctu.edu/lecturespring_2016 or call 773-371-5453.
St. Matthias, Crown Point, 'Ecumenical Memorial Service for Loss of a Child,' 1 p.m., in church. RSVP by Feb. 1. 663-2201
Feb. 23, March 1, 8 & 15
St. Adalbert, Whiting, ‘Forgiveness + Reconciliation = Mercy,’ by Fr. Kevin Scalf, 7 p.m. – 8 p.m. Call 659-4138.
Sacred Heart, Whiting, “Lenten Day of Reflection,’ with Fr. Jerry Schweitzer 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Pre-registration by Feb. 22. Call 659-4138.
Feb. 28 – March 1
St. Maria Goretti, Dyer, ‘Running the Pascal Mystery Marathon,’ by Dr. Terry Nelson –Johnson, D.Min., Sun. 4 p.m.,and Mon- Wed. 6:30 p.m.
Our Lady of Consolation, Merrillville, ‘The Experiencial Meditation of the Crucifixion,’ 6:15 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
• Nativity of Our Savior, Portage, 'Family Rosary,' last Sunday of the month, 7 p.m. 'Divine Mercy Chaplet,' 2nd Sunday, before 11 a.m. Mass.
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Pray for Peace,' Sundays in 2016, 3 p.m.
• Notre Dame, Michigan City, 'Pray for Peace,' after 9:30 a.m. Mass. Open to all.
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Light of Christ Charismatic Group,' 6 p.m., bldg. 4, in library. 921-1428 or 312-320-7145
St. Joseph, Hammond, 'Eucharistic Adoration,' 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m., religious education building chapel. Chaplet of Divine Mercy at 3:30 p.m.
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Scripture Study Group for Men,' 7 p.m., rectory basement. Open to all; bring your Bible.
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Exposition of Blessed Sacrament,' 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m. 'Prayer for Vocations,' every 2nd Thurs. 926-1282 x1
• Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Hammond, 'Mustard Seed Charismatic Prayer Group,' 7 p.m., church gathering area. Open to all. 845-6419
• St. John the Evangelist, St. John, 'Charismatic Prayer Group,' 6:30 p.m., day chapel. 365-5217 or 934-1947
• St. Ann, Gary, 'Mass, Benediction, Bible Study,' starting with 8 a.m. Mass.
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Divine Mercy Chaplet,' 3 p.m., in church, starting Jan. 8. Open to all. 718-4787
Queen of All Saints, Michigan City, 'Men's Rosary & Doughnuts,' 7:30 a.m., in church. Brief talk; doughnuts & coffee afterward.
April 8 – April 10
Sisters of Providence, St. Mary of the Woods, Ind., ‘’Come and See Weekend Retreat”, Friday, April 8 starting at 2 p.m. thru Sunday, April 10. Discover if a life as a Sister of Providence is for you. Open to Catholic women ages 18-42. There is no charge, and meals will be provided. Register by calling Sister Editha Ben at
Retrouvaille of Northwest Indiana, Schererville, ‘Help for Troubled Marriages Weekend,’ Visit HelpOutMarriage.com.
• Holy Name, Cedar Lake, 'Grief Support Group,' 1st/3rd Tues., 6:30-8 p.m., parish office building.
• Franciscan St. Margaret Health-Dyer, 'Alcoholics Anonymous,' Sun., 8 p.m., classroom F.
• Our Lady of Sorrows, Valparaiso, 'Compassionate Friends,' 1st Thurs., 7-9 p.m. For those who have lost children or grandchildren. 462-0921 'Rainbows, Spectrum.' For children experiencing trauma, loss, transition. 759-2400
• Wounded Healers Grief Support Groups, '2016 Winter Series,' started Jan. 6; Wed., 7-8:30 p.m., St. James the Less, Highland. 924-5577 or woundedhealers-nwi.com
• St. John the Evangelist, St. John, 'Divorce & Beyond,' 10 Mon., starting Jan. 11, 7 p.m. 365-7784
• St. Agnes Adult Day Service Center, Valparaiso, 'Alzheimer's Support Group,' second Thurs., 3-4:30 p.m., St. Paul campus. 477-5433
• Franciscan Adult Day Services, Crown Point, 'Alzheimer's Caregiver Support Group,' second Sun., 2:30-4 p.m. 661-5302
• Franciscan St. Anthony Health-Crown Point, 'Breast Cancer Support Group,' second Wed., 6 p.m. 757-6010