Bishop Noll Institute, Hammond, 'Drawing for BNI Fall Raffle.' Tickets $10; top prize $20,000. 932-9058 or bishopnoll.org
St. Thomas More, Munster, 'Fatima-Lourdes-Spain Pilgrimage,' March 7-17, 2016. $3,598/person. Led by Fr. Yadron. 836-8610
Franciscan Senior Promise, 'Day Trip to Christmas at Rosewood of Delavan, Wisc.' Fees. 1-800-931-3322
Food & Festival
• All Saints, Hammond, 'Pierogi Sale,' orders due Dec. 6. 'Cookie Sale,' Dec. 5-6. 'New Year's Eve Party,' Dec. 31, after Vigil Mass. 932-0204
• St. Joseph the Worker, Gary, 'Pierogi Sale,' pre-paid orders taken thru Dec. 6. Pick-up before Mass Dec. 12 and after Masses Dec. 13. 322-2602 or 887-6608
St. Joseph, Hammond, 'Breakfast with Santa,' Vrabely Hall, following 9 a.m. Mass. Sponsored by religious education dept.
St. Maria Goretti, Dyer, 'Fall Fish Fry,' 4-7 p.m., Casa Maria Hall.
St. Stanislaus, East Chicago, 'Holy Name Society Pancake Breakfast,' 7 a.m.-1:30 p.m., social hall. Includes mini-bazaar, venders, raffle.
Franciscan Senior Promise, 'Lunch Bunch,' White Rhino Restaurant, Dyer, 1 p.m. For those age 55-older. 1-800-931-3322
Polish Women's Alliance Dist. 3, 'Wigilia Christmas Luncheon,' noon doors open, Carmelite Monastery hall, Munster. RSVP by Dec. 14. 218-4420
• St. Maria Goretti, Dyer, 'Acrylic Painting Classes,' Tues., 1-3 p.m., Casa Maria Hall. Fees. 865-5482
• Young Adult Catholic Outreach Ministry, '2nd Friday Fellowship,' various sites, activities. dgyoungadult.com
• Bishop Noll Institute, Hammond, 'Open House,' Dec. 10, 6-8 p.m. 'Entrance Exams,' Jan. 16, 30, 8 a.m.-noon. Fees. 932-9058 or bishopnoll.org
• St. Meinrad Seminary, St. Meinrad, Ind., 'Workshop for Priests Nearing Retirement,' Nov. 30-Dec. 5. 1-800-357-8477
• Polish-American Cultural Society of NW Ind., 'Polish Advent & Christmas Customs,' Dec.13, 1 p.m., Dec 16, 6 p.m., St. Mary school building. Presenter, Fr. Rakoczy. RSVP by Dec. 11. 873-1320
St. Maria Goretti, Dyer, 'Chanukah Dinner,' 2:30 p.m., Casa Maria Hall. 865-8956 or 922-4024
Holy Angels Cathedral, Gary, 'Annual Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.,' 3 p.m. Guest speaker, Bishop Hying. Performances by Wirt-Emerson VPA choir.
Health & Fitness
• St. Mary, Crown Point, 'Blood Pressure/Sugar Screenings,' Dec. 20, (2016) Jan. 17, Feb. 21, March 20, April 17, May 15, June 19, July 17, Aug. 21, Sept. 18, Oct. 16, Nov. 20, Dec. 18, after all Masses, St. Agnes Center. 'Foresters Blood Drives,' Feb. 14, May 29, Sept. 4, Nov. 27, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Hammes Hall. 'Blood Testing by Healthchek,' Jan. 20, March 2, May 4, Sept. 7, Hammes Hall, door F. Fees. 663-6779
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'YogaFit Classes,' Tues., 6:30-7:30 p.m., in chandelier room. 'Chair Yoga,' Wed., 8:45 a.m., bldg. 2. 926-3495
• St. Maria Goretti, Dyer, 'Zumba Fitness Classes,' Tues., 6-7 p.m., Casa Maria Hall. Fees. 742-6026
• St. Joan of Arc, Merrillville, 'Zumba Gold Classes,' Wed., 12:30 p.m., parish hall. For all fitness levels. Fees. 947-0509
• Franciscan Alliance Northern Indiana Region, 'Lung Screenings,' sites in Chesterton, Crown Point, Dyer, Hammond, Michigan City, Munster, Valparaiso. Fees. 1-855-472-1659
• Franciscan St. Anthony Health-Crown Point, 'Series of Diabetes Courses,' 1-3 p.m. Tues. & 6-8 p.m. Wed. in November, December. Fees. 757-6268 'Preparing for Childbirth Classes,' Tues., Wed., Sat. classes in November, December. Fees. 'Infant CPR & Choking Class,' Dec. 3, 6 p.m., 8 p.m. Fees.
• St. Mary Medical Center, Hobart, 'Diabetes Management Classes,' various sites, dates. 947-6234 'Program on Coumadin,' Nov. 19, 1-2 p.m. Free. 'Smoking Cessation Classes,' Tues., thru Dec. 1, 6-8 p.m. conference room 4. Fees. 836-3477
• Our Lady of Consolation, Merrillville, 'Free Blood Pressure Screenings,' after weekend Masses, Dec. 19-20. No appointments needed.
• American Red Cross, 'Blood Drives,' Dec. 3, St. Matthias, Crown Point, 12:30-6:30 p.m.; Dec. 6, St. Patrick, Chesterton, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.; Dec. 7, Franciscan Omni Health & Fitness, Chesterton, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.; Dec. 17, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Valparaiso, 2-7 p.m.; Dec. 19, St. Andrew the Apostle, Merrillville, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. 1-800-733-2767 or redcrossblood.org
Franciscan Omni Health & Fitness, Chesterton, 'CPR-AED Class,' 9 a.m.-1 p.m. 983-9832 x0.
Franciscan Healthcare-Munster, 'Open House for New Emergency Dept.,' 1-5 p.m. Health screenings, tours, giveaways.
St. Mary, Griffith, 'Heartland Blood Drive,' Hildebrandt Hall, 2-6 p.m. 924-4163
Holy Name, Cedar Lake, 'St. Clare's Kitchen,' Tues., 5-6 p.m., basement of church. Sponsored by Secular Franciscans.
Missionaries of Charity, Gary, 'Divine Mercy Soup Kitchen,' M-T-W-F-Sat, 9:30 a.m., former St. Mark convent, 509 W. Ridge Rd.
Ss. Monica and Luke, Gary, 'Soup Kitchen,' Fri., noon-1 p.m., parish hall.
St. Joseph, Dyer, 'Helping Hands Food Pantry,' open 3rd Wed., 10 a.m.-noon, 6-7 p.m. Serving residents of Dyer, Schererville, St. John; bring two proofs of residency. 865-2271
St. Joseph, Hammond, 'St. Joseph Soup Kitchen,' lower level of church, weekdays, noon-1 p.m.
St. Michael Respect Life Group, Schererville, 'Baby Items Needed.' Includes cribs, mattresses, high chairs, car seats, and clothing sizes newborn to 2. 365-5355, 865-0217 or 365-8192
'Winfield Resale Shoppe,' off Randolph St. Open Th-F-Sat, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sponsored by Holy Spirit, Four Seasons Methodist, Cross of Christ Lutheran; St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Valparaiso.
All Saints, Hammond, 'Thrift Shop,' open T-Th, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Donations accepted.
St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Table of Plenty Free Dinner,' Fri., 4:30-6 p.m., Chapel Hall (bldg. 2).
St. Teresa of Avila Student Center, Valparaiso, 'Café Manna,' Thurs., 4:30-6:30 p.m.
St. Paul, Valparaiso, 'Clothing Center for Those in Need,' M/T/W, 1-4 p.m.; Th/Sat, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. 462-0074
St. Mary, Kouts, 'St. Mary's Soup Bowl,' 3rd Tues., 4:30-6:30 p.m., parish hall. Free food, fellowship; open to all. 766-3680
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Pro-Life Mass,' 8 a.m.
• St. Stephen, Martyr, Merrillville, 'Respect Life Mass,' 9 a.m. Reconciliation, 8:30 a.m. Future Masses, Dec. 5, Jan. 2, Feb. 6, March 5, April 2.
Catholic Charities, 'Rachel's Vineyard Retreat.' For post-abortion healing. 765-1396
Jan. 20-23, 2016
Office of Pro-Life Activities, 'March for Life in Washington, D.C.,' openings available for diocesan pilgrimage. Motorcoach travel, 2 nights lodging. 924-4163
St. James the Less, Highland, 'Holiday Craft, Bake, & Pierogi Fair,' 9 a.m.-4 p.m., parish hall. 924-1778 or 924-5783
• Assumption BVM, New Chicago, 'St. Nicholas Bazaar,' 9 a.m.-4 p.m., parish hall. Rummage, crafts, baked goods. Benefit for World Youth Day trip.
• St. Mary of the Lake, Gary, 'Christmas Bazaar,' 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Crafts, baked goods, raffle, silent auction, photos with Santa.
St. Andrew the Apostle, Merrillville, 'Women's Guild Christmas Cookie & Craft Bazaar,' Dec. 12, 11 a.m.-6 p.m.; Dec. 13, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Ameling Hall. 791-9077
• Worldwide Marriage Encounter, 'Weekend Programs,' Dec.11-13, Feb. 12-14, April 8-10, Elk Grove Village, Ill. 630-577-0778 or wwme-chicagoland.org
• St. Michael the Archangel, Schererville, 'Bible Study: Biblical Timeline,' Thurs., 10-11:30 a.m. Session 2, Jan. 28-March 10, 2016; Session 3, April 7-May 19, 2016. Fees. Sign up after Masses. 322-4505 x241 'Bible Study: Book of Isaiah,' Mon. or Wed., thru April 20, 7-8:30 p.m. Fees. 322-1717 or 808-3255
• Bethany Retreat House, East Chicago, 'Journal Writing Group,' 6-week program started Sept. 15, meets 3rd Tues. (ex. Dec.), 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Fees. 'Daytime Retreats,' 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Tues., Fri., Sat. 398-5047 or bethanyretreathouse.org
• St. Bridget, Hobart, 'Adult Bible Study: Genesis 1-11,' Wed., 10-11:45 a.m., 5-6:45 p.m. Fees. Bring your Bible.
• Whiting-Robertsdale Faith Enrichment Committee, 'Advent Morning of Reflection with Fr. Schweitzer,' Dec. 5, 8:45-11:30 a.m. Bring your Bible. 659-4138
• Queen of All Saints, Michigan City, 'Retreat in Daily Life,' 16-part series with Sacred Heart (LaPorte) thru May 2016. Debbie, 872-9196
• Sacred Heart, Whiting, 'Our Lady of Guadalupe Novena,' Dec. 3-11, 7 p.m. (exc. Dec. 8, novena following 7 p.m. Mass. Dec. 12, Mananitas, 6 a.m.; Re-enactment, 5 p.m.; Mass, 6 p.m., dinner afterward. 'Posadas,' Dec. 19, 6-9 p.m.
Knights of Columbus, 'New Membership Recruitment Mass with Bishop Hying,' 7 p.m., Our Lady of Consolation, Merrillville. Refreshments follow. 374-8984
St. Joseph, Dyer, 'Advent Visual Arts Meditation,' 6:30-8:30 p.m., gathering room (lower level). Bring your Bible.
St. John the Evangelist, St. John, 'Faustina: Messenger of Divine Mercy,' 7 p.m., in church. Multi-media presentation.
Blue Army of Our Lady of Fatima, 'All-Night Vigil,' Carmelite Monastery, Munster, 7 p.m. Fri. until 6 a.m. Sat. Confessions, Fri., 6:30 p.m. 836-8779
• St. Mary of the Lake, Gary, 'Evening with Bishop Emeritus Melczek,' 7 p.m. Topic: Year of Mercy. Refreshments afterward. 938-1373
• St. Matthias, Crown Point, 'Presentation: Sacrament of Reconciliation,' 6 p.m., large hall. Presenter, Fr. T. Cuny, OSA. 663-2201
St. Michael the Archangel, Schererville, 'Mass for Our Lady of Guadalupe,' 7 p.m. Mariachi music, dancing in parish hall afterward. 322-1680 or 773-859-1014
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Our Lady of Guadalupe Celebration,' 7 a.m. mañanitas, 5:30 p.m. Mass. Refreshments afterward.
• St. John the Evangelist, St. John, 'Bilingual Mass for Our Lady of Guadalupe,' 9:30 a.m. Includes blessing of Guadalupe statues, folkloric dancers, refreshments.
• Shrine of Christ's Passion, St. John, 'Annual Happy Birthday Jesus Story,' 11 a.m. Includes movie, refreshments. 365-6010
Nativity of Our Savior, Portage, 'Family Rosary,' last Sunday of the month, 7 p.m.
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Light of Christ Charismatic Group,' 6 p.m., bldg. 4, in library. 921-1428 or 312-320-7145
• Notre Dame, Michigan City, 'Prayer for Peace Group,' 7 p.m., in chapel.
St. Joseph, Hammond, 'Eucharistic Adoration,' 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m., religious education building chapel. Chaplet of Divine Mercy at 3:30 p.m.
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Scripture Study Group for Men,' 7 p.m., rectory basement. Open to all; bring your Bible.
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Exposition of Blessed Sacrament,' 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m. 'Prayer for Vocations,' every 2nd Thurs. 926-1282 x1
• Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Hammond, 'Mustard Seed Charismatic Prayer Group,' 7 p.m., church gathering area. Open to all. 845-6419
• St. John the Evangelist, St. John, 'Charismatic Prayer Group,' 6:30 p.m., day chapel. 365-5217 or 934-1947
• St. Ann, Gary, 'Mass, Benediction, Bible Study,' starting with 8 a.m. Mass.
Queen of All Saints, Michigan City, 'Men's Rosary & Doughnuts,' 7:30 a.m., in church. Brief talk, doughnuts & coffee afterward.
Office of Young & Young Adults, 'Seeking the Light: Retreat for College Students & Young Adults,' Lindenwood Retreat & Conference Center, Donaldson. Bishop Hying, retreat director. Fees include meals, room. RSVP by Dec. 18. 769-9292 x229
• Holy Name, Cedar Lake, 'Grief Support Group,' 1st/3rd Tues., 6:30-8 p.m., parish office building.
• Franciscan St. Margaret Health-Dyer, 'Alcoholics Anonymous,' Sun., 8 p.m., classroom F.
• Our Lady of Sorrows, South Haven, 'Compassionate Friends,' 1st Thurs., 7-9 p.m. For those who have lost children or grandchildren. 462-0921 'Rainbows, Spectrum.' For children experiencing trauma, loss, transition. 759-2400
• Wounded Healers Grief Support Groups, '2015 Fall Series,' Wed., 7-8:30 p.m., St. James the Less, Highland. 924-5577 or woundedhealers-nwi.com
• St. Mary, Crown Point, 'Divorce & Beyond,' weekly sessions, Mon., thru Jan. 11, 2016, 6:30-8 p.m., St. Agnes Center. 663-0044
St. Mary Medical Center, Hobart, 'Free Blood Pressure Screenings,' first Thurs., 10-11 a.m., H&R Spectrum. 836-3477 or comhs.org Also, 'Share Your Grief Support Group,' first Thurs., 4-5:30 p.m., conference room 4. 947-6187
St. John the Evangelist, St. John, 'Blood Pressure Screenings,' after 7:30/10:30 a.m. Masses first Sun. of each month.
Franciscan Community Services Adult Day Services, 'Free Blood Pressure Readings,' St. Anthony campus, Crown Point, first Mon., 9-11 a.m.; Cloister in the Woods Banquet Center, Munster, first Mon., 2-3 p.m.
Franciscan St. Margaret Health-Dyer, 'Bariatric Surgery Support Group,' first Tues., 6 p.m., Reginald Board Room; first Thurs.,11 a.m., Blessed Mother Room. 852-2518
Franciscan St. Margaret Health-Hammond, 'Parkinson's Disease Support Group,' first Sat., 2-4 p.m.
Franciscan Hammond Clinic, 'Diabetes Support Group,' first Thurs., 6 p.m. 836-5800