Our Lady of Sorrows, Valparaiso, ‘Annual Rummage Sale,’ 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 14 and 15, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 16.
• Andrean High School, Merrillville, ‘20th annual 59’er Golf Classic, with breakfast at 8 a.m., shotgun start at 10, followed by dinner and silent auction, at Sand Creek Country Club, 1001 Sand Creek Drive, Chesterton. Proceeds support Andrean Scholarship Fund. Sign up at andreanhs.org/golf or 887-5959.
St. Michael the Archangel, Schererville, ‘Family Fun Fest $100,000 Mega Raffle,’ 10 p.m. drawing at St. Patrick Hall on festival grounds. For tickets, visit stmichaelparish.life/funfest or call 322-4505, x249.
St. James the Less Church, Highland, Canadian Fishing Trip to Eagle Lake in Ontario, with transportation, lodging, license, boats, guide, bait and all meals. Reserve a spot by May 31. Call Mike Krupa at 670-9601.
FOOD & FESTIVAL
June 30-July 4
Our Lady of Grace, Highland, ‘19th annual OLG Beer Garden Festival,’ 6 p.m. to midnight all days on church grounds, with beverages and food. 838-9094, 838-7838 or 838-0395.
Nativity of Our Savior, Portage, ‘Nativityfest’ with live entertainment, carnival rides (wristbands), food, beer garden, bingo and casino, hours vary by day. 762-4858
Holy Spirit, Winfield, ‘Second Annual Tent Out’ to honor the Feast of Shelters, a Jewish tradition, with food, songs and games for the whole family, 6 p.m. Friday thru 8 a.m. Saturday. Hot dogs, chips and pop furnished by church. 661-0644
First Catholic Slovak Ladies Association, ‘Branch 81 Semi-Annual Luncheon’ for members, 1 p.m. at Carmelite Banquet Hall 1628 Ridge Road, Munster. Reservations due by June 30 to Gerri at 310-8428 or Margaret at 659-2109.
St. John the Evangelist, St. John, ‘St. John the Evangelist Parish Festival’ 5-11 p.m. Thursday, 5 p.m. to midnight Friday, 3 p.m. to midnight Saturday and 2-9 p.m. Sunday with carnival, bingo, live entertainment, food, beer garden, children’s games, gaming, and 5K Famiy Fun Run. Visit stjfestival.org or call 200-4076.
All Saints, Hammond, ‘Indoor Hot Dog & Polish Sausage Picnic’ with all the trimmings, 5 p.m. in the school hall
Our Lady of Czestochowa Shrine, Merrillville, ‘43rd annual Slovak Day Celebration’ with Mass at 10:30 a.m., followed by ethnic food, drink, cash raffle, dancing and Veselica Folk Ensemble dancers. Visit facebook.com/SlovakDayCelebration or call Betty Yurechko at 795-1518.
St. Stanislaus Kostka, Michigan City, ‘125th Anniversary Parish Festival,’ 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday with 4 p.m. outdoor Mass, 11 am. To 6 p.m. Sunday, with food vendors, beer garden, adult gaming, music, inflatables and children’s games. Visit SaintStansMC125th.com or call 879-9281, x218.
St. Michael the Archangel, Schererville, ‘Family Fun Fest’ from 5-11 p.m. both days, with traveling zoo, magic show, bingo, beer garden, casino games, food, entertainment, Burger Eating contest. Visit stmichaelparish.life/funfest or call 322-4505, x249.
Sharing Meadows, LaPorte, ‘22nd annual Leprechaun Hunt Family Fun Day,’ noon to 6 p.m. all-you-can-eat picnic buffet, hunt for 33 ‘cash’ leprechauns, Irish music, magic, hay rides, fishing and obstacle course. Discounted tickets thru July 29, with free admission for 13 and younger with parents/grandparents. Call 778-2585 or visit leprechaunhunt.com.
Notre Dame School, Michigan City, ‘Notre Dame Family Festival,’ 5-11 p.m. (Mass in the Grass at 4) with food and beverages, games, silent auction and raffles. 872-6216
St. Mary, Griffith, ‘Western Days’ festival, 6-11 p.m. Thursday and Friday, 3-11 p.m. Saturday and 1-11 p.m. Sunday with carnival rides, beer garden, live music and food, including a chicken dinner Sunday. Mega Pass for rides available at rectory. Visit smfriffith.org or call 924-4163.
First Catholic Slovak Ladies Association Junior Branches, ‘Gary SouthShore RailCats baseball outing for all junior members, 2:10 p.m. start at U.S. Steelyard, One Stadium Plaza, Gary. Call branch officer by June 30 for reservations; Branch 317 – Agnes at 865-6396, Branch 348 – Betty at 671-9278, Branch 184 – Cindy at 322-8968 or Branch 58 – Annette at 659-3238.
GATHERINGS & CLASSES
• St. Maria Goretti, Dyer, 'Acrylic Painting Classes,' Tues., 1-3 p.m., Casa Maria Hall. Fees. 865-5482
• Young Adult Catholic Outreach Ministry, '2nd Friday Fellowship,' various sites, activities. dgyoungadult.com
• St. Joan of Arc, Merrillville, ‘ARCS for Retired Catholic Seniors 55+,’ 12:30 p.m. fourth Sunday in church hall.
St. Paul, Valparaiso, ‘Porter Deanery Information Session with Bishop Donald J. Hying,’ 7:830 p.m. Bring comments and questions.
Our Lady of Consolation, Merrillville, ‘Southlake Deanery Information Session with Bishop Donald J. Hying,’ 7:830 p.m. Bring comments and questions.
Holy Angels Cathedral, Gary, ‘Gary/Northlake Deanery Information Session with Bishop Donald J. Hying,’ 7:830 p.m. Bring comments and questions.
Sacred Heart, LaPorte, ‘LaPorte/Starke Deanery Information Session with Bishop Donald J. Hying,’ 7:830 p.m. Bring comments and questions.
Polish-American Cultural Society of Northwest Indiana, Michigan City, ‘Michigan City Chapter meeting,’ 5 p.m. at St. Mary School Building, 321 W. 11th St. Call Theresa Child at 464-1369.
Andrean High School, Merrillville, ‘Math Help Camp’ for grades 8-9. 8-10 a.m. daily. Free. Register by July 18 at 887-5959 or andreanhs.org/summercamps.
• Office of Intercultural Ministries, 'Marriage Prep in Spanish,' Aug. 6, 13, Nov. 5, 12, all 3-6 p.m. at office, 3814 Grand Blvd., East Chicago. 397-2125
HEALTH & FITNESS
• St. Mary, Crown Point, 'Blood Pressure/Sugar Screenings,' May 15, June 19, July 17, Aug. 21, Sept. 18, Oct. 16, Nov. 20, Dec. 18, after all Masses, St. Agnes Center. 'Foresters Blood Drives,' May 8, Sept. 4, Nov. 27, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Hammes Hall. 'Blood Testing by Healthchek,' May 4, Sept. 7, Hammes Hall, door F. Fees. 663-6779
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'YogaFit Classes,' Tues., 6:30-7:30 p.m., in chandelier room. 'Chair Yoga,' Wed., 8:45 a.m., bldg. 2. 926-3495
• St. Maria Goretti, Dyer, 'Zumba Fitness Classes,' Tues., 6-7 p.m., Casa Maria Hall. Fees. 742-6026
• St. Joan of Arc, Merrillville, 'Zumba Gold Classes,' Wed., 12:30 p.m., parish hall. For all fitness levels. Fees. 947-0509
• Franciscan Alliance Northern Indiana Region, 'Lung Screenings,' sites in Chesterton, Crown Point, Dyer, Hammond, Michigan City, Munster, Valparaiso. Fees. 1-855-472-1659
• St. Mary Medical Center, Hobart, 'Diabetes Management Classes,' various sites, dates. 947-6234
• Franciscan St. Anthony Health, Crown Point, medical terminology class at hospital, nine-week course begins April 5 and continues Tuesdays, 5-7 p.m. Fees. To register, call 757-6368.
Franciscan Omni Health & Fitness, Schererville, ‘Slam Dunk for Diabetus Basketball Camp’ for youth 5-18 who have been diagnosed with diabetes. Free instruction. Call 865-6969.
Franciscan St. Margaret Health, Dyer, ‘Ask Your Audiologist’ presented by the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago at Franciscan Alliance, 9 a.m. hearing screenings and 10 a.m. presentations by audiologists Evelyn Sell and Valari Koziel, in the Reginald Board Room. Free. Light refreshments. 864-2004
Sacred Heart, Wanatah, ‘American Red Cross blood drive,’ 12:30-2:30 p.m. Call (800) 733-2767 or visit redcrossblood.org to make an appointment, or walk in.
Franciscan Omni Health & Fitness, Chesterton, ‘American Red Cross blood drive,’ 2-8 p.m. Call (800) 733-2767 or visit redcrossblood.org to make an appointment, or walk in.
St. Matthias, Crown Point, ‘American Red Cross blood drive,’ 12:30-6:30 p.m. Call (800) 733-2767 or visit redcrossblood.org to make an appointment, or walk in.
Marian Council Knights of Columbus, Cedar Lake, ‘American Red Cross blood drive,’ 12:30-6:30 p.m. at K of C Hall, 13039 U.S. 41. Call (800) 733-2767 or visit redcrossblood.org to make an appointment, or walk in.
St. James the Less, Highland, ‘Heartland Blood Centers blood drive,’ 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. To make an appointment, call 924-4220, visit heartlandbc.org, or walk in.
• St. Teresa of Avila, Valparaiso, ‘American Red Cross blood drive,’ 1-7 p.m. Call (800) 733-2767 or visit redcrossblood.org to make an appointment, or walk in.
• St. John Kanty, Rolling Prairie, ‘American Red Cross blood drive,’ 1:30-5:30 p.m. Call (800) 733-2767 or visit redcrossblood.org to make an appointment, or walk in.
Calumet College of St. Joseph, Hammond, ‘Inaugural Pierogi 5K Stumble,’ 6:30 p.m. ticket to same night NWI Oilmen baseball game, shirt guaranteed if registered by July 15. Register at ccsj.edu
Holy Name, Cedar Lake, 'St. Clare's Kitchen,' Tues., 5-6 p.m., basement of church. Sponsored by Secular Franciscans.
Missionaries of Charity, Gary, 'Divine Mercy Soup Kitchen,' M-T-W-F-Sat, 9:30 a.m., former St. Mark convent, 509 W. Ridge Rd.
Ss. Monica and Luke, Gary, 'Soup Kitchen,' Fri., noon-1 p.m., parish hall.
St. Joseph, Dyer, 'Helping Hands Food Pantry,' open 3rd Wed., 10 a.m.-noon, 6-7 p.m. Serving residents of Dyer, Schererville, St. John; bring two proofs of residency. 865-2271
St. Joseph, Hammond, 'St. Joseph Soup Kitchen,' lower level of church, weekdays, noon-1 p.m.
St. Michael Respect Life Group, Schererville, 'Baby Items Needed.' Includes cribs, mattresses, high chairs, car seats, and clothing sizes newborn to 2. 365-5355, 865-0217 or 365-8192
'Winfield Resale Shoppe,' off Randolph St. Open Th-F-Sat, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sponsored by Holy Spirit, Four Seasons Methodist, Cross of Christ Lutheran; St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Valparaiso.
All Saints, Hammond, 'Thrift Shop,' open T-Th, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Donations accepted.
St. John Bosco, Hammond, ‘Clothing Giveaway’ open to everyone with a need, 9 a.m. to noon in school cafeteria, 1231 171st Place. Donate clothing for men, women and children, shoes and boots, clean and in good condition, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. weekdays in parish office, 1247 171st Place, and in church vestibule Sundays through July 27, and 8:30-11:30 a.m., 1-3 and 6-8 p.m. during week of July 25-29. 844-9027
St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Table of Plenty Free Dinner,' Fri., 4:30-6 p.m., Chapel Hall (bldg. 2).
St. Teresa of Avila Student Center, Valparaiso, 'Café Manna,' Thurs., 4:30-6:30 p.m.
St. Paul, Valparaiso, 'Clothing Center for Those in Need,' M/T/W, 1-4 p.m.; Th/Sat, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. 462-0074
St. Mary, Kouts, 'St. Mary's Soup Bowl,' 3rd Tues., 4:30-6:30 p.m., parish hall. Free food, fellowship; open to all. 766-3680
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Pro-Life Mass,' 8 a.m.
• St. Stephen, Martyr, Merrillville, 'Respect Life Mass,' 9 a.m. Reconciliation, 8:30 a.m.
• Bethany Retreat House, East Chicago, ‘Daytime Retreats,’ 9 a.m.-5 p.m., T-F-Sat. Contact 398-5047 or bethanyretreathouse.org. New Dream Group is forming, to meet the 3rd Wed. of each month, 6:30-8:30 p.m. To register, contact www.bethanyretreathouse.org or 398-5047.
• St. Michael Archangel, Schererville, ‘Witnesses to Freedom nightly prayer service during Fortnight for Freedom,’ 6 p.m. daily, June 22 thru July 4,at Shrine of Christ’s Passion, 10630 U.S. 41. Call Jim Laud Sr. at 712-4533.
July 1-2, Aug. 5-6, Sept. 2-3
Carmelite Monastery, Munster, ‘Blue Army All-Night Vigil,’ 6:30 p.m. Friday thru 6 a.m. Saturday. 836-8779
St. Michael the Archangel, Schrereville, ‘Marian Devotions’ for the nation, leaders and fall election; peace in the world; persecuted Christians and an end to abortion, 8:30 p.m. at Our Lady of Lourdes Shrine
Carmelite Monastery, Munster, ‘ 99th Anniversary of Third Apparition Fatima Devotions with the Blue Army,’ 7-8 p.m. 836-8779
Retrouvaille Marriage Help, ‘Retrouvaille Marriage Help Weekend’ in the Chicagoland area for married couples experiencing difficulties at all levels. Visit HelpOurMarriage.com or call (708) 802-1830 or (800) 470-2230.
Worldwide Marriage Encounter, Elk Grove Village, Ill., weekend retreat for couples to strengthen, renew and rekindle their marriage. For reservations, contact Jim and Kris at (630) 577-0778 or wwme-chicagoland.org.
Carmelite Monastery, Munster, ‘ 99th Anniversary of Fourth Apparition Fatima Devotions with the Blue Army,’ 7-8 p.m. 836-8779
Sisters of St. Benedict, Ferdinand, ‘Women of the Church: Strength of the Past. Hope for Tomorrow. A Catholic Leadership Conference’ national gathering for women and men of the Church. Registration discount until July 14. Visit womenofthechurch.org for schedule and registration.
• Nativity of Our Savior, Portage, 'Family Rosary,' last Sunday of the month, 7 p.m. 'Divine Mercy Chaplet,' 2nd Sunday, before 11 a.m. Mass.
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Pray for Peace,' Sundays in 2016, 3 p.m.
• Notre Dame, Michigan City, 'Pray for Peace,' after 9:30 a.m. Mass. Open to all.
• St. Michael the Archangel, Schererville, ‘Marian Devotions,’ 8 p.m. June 5 and every other Sunday through October at Our Lady of Lourdes Shrine, with a different intention each month.
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Light of Christ Charismatic Group,' 6 p.m., bldg. 4, in library. 921-1428 or 312-320-7145
• Sacred Heart, Whiting, ‘Lectionary-based Bible Study,’ 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., Rose Room.
• St. Joseph, Hammond, 'Eucharistic Adoration,' 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m., religious education building chapel. Chaplet of Divine Mercy at 3:30 p.m.
• St. Bridget, Hobart, ‘Adult Bible Study: Genesis 1-11,’ 10-11:45 a.m. and 5-6:45 p.m. Wednesdays. Fee. Bring your Bible.
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Scripture Study Group for Men,' 7 p.m., rectory basement. Open to all; bring your Bible.
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Exposition of Blessed Sacrament,' 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m. 'Prayer for Vocations,' every 2nd Thurs. 926-1282 x1
• Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Hammond, 'Mustard Seed Charismatic Prayer Group,' 7 p.m., church gathering area. Open to all. 845-6419
• St. John the Evangelist, St. John, 'Charismatic Prayer Group,' 6:30 p.m., day chapel. 365-5217 or 934-1947
• St. Ann, Gary, 'Mass, Benediction, Bible Study,' starting with 8 a.m. Mass.
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Divine Mercy Chaplet,' 3 p.m., in church, starting Jan. 8. Open to all. 718-4787
• Queen of All Saints, Michigan City, 'Men's Rosary & Doughnuts,' 7:30 a.m., in church. Brief talk; doughnuts & coffee afterward.
• St. Thomas Aquinas, Knox, ‘Mass in the Polish language,’ 6 p.m. (574) 772-4134
Serra Club of Northwest Indiana, Hobart, Meal, meeting, prayer and fellowship with group that fosters and affirms vocations to the priesthood and vowed religious life, 5:30 p.m. the first and third Monday every month in the cafeteria at St. Mary Medical Center, 1500 S. Lake Park Ave. All are welcome.
• St. Joan of Arc, Merrillville, ‘ARCS for Retired Catholic Seniors 55+,’ 4th Sun, 12:30 p.m., in church hall.
• Holy Name, Cedar Lake, 'Grief Support Group,' 1st/3rd Tues., 6:30-8 p.m., parish office building.
• Franciscan St. Margaret Health-Dyer, 'Alcoholics Anonymous,' Sun., 8 p.m., classroom F.
• Franciscan St. Margaret Health-Dyer, ‘Caregiver Support Group’ for families with Alzheimer’s/dementia, cancer, stroke and other care responsibilities, 2-3:30 p.m. fourth Sunday of every month in Blessed Mother Conference Room, west entrance. April 24 meeting features Monika Basile from We Are Family Home Care. Call Jim and Pat Koeling at 365-3898 or (888) 303-0180.
• Our Lady of Sorrows, Valparaiso, 'Compassionate Friends,' 1st Thurs., 7-9 p.m. For those who have lost children or grandchildren. 462-0921 'Rainbows, Spectrum.' For children experiencing trauma, loss, transition. 759-2400
• St. Agnes Adult Day Service Center, Valparaiso, 'Alzheimer's Support Group,' second Thurs., 3-4:30 p.m., St. Paul campus. 477-5433
• Franciscan Adult Day Services, Crown Point, 'Alzheimer's Caregiver Support Group,' second Sun., 2:30-4 p.m. 661-5302
• Franciscan St. Anthony Health-Crown Point, 'Breast Cancer Support Group,' second Wed., 6 p.m. 757-6010
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, ‘Bereavement Ministry’ with faith-based approach to dealing with grief, conducted by those who have suffered a loss. Share or listen at 7 p.m. second Monday every month except August in Ministry Room of Building 2. 926-1282 or 241-2732
• Wounded Healers grief support groups, Spring series continues 7-8:30 p.m. Wednesdays, June 8 and 22 and July 6, at St. James the Less, Highland. 924-5577 or woundedhealers-nwi.com
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOLS
St. James the Less, Highland, ‘Gardening Club’ forming for volunteers to care for church grounds. Call Cindy at 924-2907 or 789-1197.