St. John Bosco, Hammond, 'Family Halloween Fun,' Oct. 24-25, 6-9 p.m., school cafeteria. Sponsored by SJB youth group. Music, games, crafts. 844-9027
Andrean HS, Merrillville, 'Super Raffle Party,' 6-10:30 p.m. Auctions, entertainment, refreshments, gaming areas. 887-5281 x243 or qtego.net/andrean
K of C Women's Club, East Chicago, 'Bunco & Card Party,' 6-9 p.m., K of C hall, Indianapolis Blvd. Entry fee. Refreshments, raffles, prizes.
• St. Teresa of Avila Catholic Student Center, Valparaiso, 'Game Night,' after 4 p.m. Mass, Avila Hall. Benefit for World Youth Day 2016. saintt.com/wydgamenight.asp
• K of C Nativity of Our Savior Council, Portage, 'Wine & Beer Tasting Event,' 6-9 p.m., Nativity parish hall. More details TBA.
St. James the Less, Highland, 'Silent Auction,' 6-10 p.m., parish hall. 924-4220
Polonica Pilgrimage Society, 'Bus Trip to Chicago,' pickups 8:30 a.m. from Nativity of Our Savior, Portage; 9 a.m. from All Saints, Hammond; return between 5-5:30 p.m. RSVP by Oct. 31. 464-1369
St. Thomas More, Munster, 'Pilgrimage to England, Scotland,' April 13-24, 2015. $4,598/person. 836-8610 or stm-church.com
Saint Joseph's College, Rensselaer, 'Arsenic and Old Lace,' Oct. 23-25, 7:30 p.m., Evans Arts & Science Building Theatre.
Food & Festival
• St. John the Evangelist, St. John, 'All Saints Day Celebration (Trunk or Treating),' 6-8:30 p.m., church parking lot. Pre-register in parish or narthex office. Snacks provided.
St. Mary, Griffith, 'Falltober Family Fun Night,' 5-11 p.m., Hildebrandt Hall. Food, beer tent, kids' games, casino. 924-4163
• Our Lady of Guadalupe, East Chicago, 'Family Day.' Games, fellowship. 398-0253
• St. Andrew the Apostle, Merrillville, 'ACYE Breakfast,' 8 a.m.-noon, Ameling Hall. Includes sale of pre-owned purses, jewelry, hand-crocheted scarves, men's ties; benefit for ultrasound machine. 769-2833
• St. Joseph, LaPorte, 'Vincentian Pork Chop Dinner,' noon-3 p.m., parish school cafeteria. Carryouts available.
St. Mary, Griffith, 'Halloween Blessing & Treats,' 4-4:15 p.m., at church. Reflective bags also given.
St. Francis Xavier, Lake Station, 'Trunk or Treating,' Oct. 30, 5 p.m., parking lot. 'Souper Soup Buffet,' Nov. 8, 3-7 p.m. Sponsored by Altar & Rosary Sodality.
St. Joseph the Worker, Gary, 'Sarma & Chicken Dinners,' 11 a.m.-1 p.m., parish hall. Raffles, entertainment. Carryouts available. 980-1846
K of C Msgr. Hoffmann Council, Merrillville, 'Chili Dinner & Taste-off,' 4-7 p.m., St. Joan of Arc parish hall. AYCE chili & hot dogs. 942-8378 or 980-5155
K of C Msgr. Ryder Council 4047, Merrillville, Polish Fest Dinner,' 4-7 p.m., St. Andrew the Apostle's Ameling Hall. 769-2833
Whiting K of C, Women's Groups, 'Holupky & Sausage Dinner,' 11:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Whiting K of C hall. Carryouts available. 659-2454, 659-3510, or 659-1168
Polish Women's Alliance Dist. 3, 'Christmas Wigilia Meal,' noon start, Carmelite Banquet Hall, Munster. RSVP by Dec. 1. 218-4420
St. Michael the Archangel, Schererville, 'Hot Topics of the Catholic Church,' 6:30-8:30 p.m., social hall. Featuring Fr. Patrick Boyle, Precious Blood Fr. Kevin Scalf, Fr. Martin Dobrzynski. Admission fee. 365-0631
Andrean HS, Merrillville, 'Open House,' noon-3 p.m. Entrance exams Dec. 6, Jan. 17, 8 a.m. 887-5281
Marquette Catholic HS, Michigan City, 'Blue & Gold Night,' 6:30-8 p.m., Scholl Center. Info sessions on school. 210-4505 or marquette-hs.org
Franciscan Alliance, 'Spirit of Women Little Black Dress Event,' 6-8:30 p.m., Sand Creek CC, Chesterton. Presentations, screenings, prizes. FranciscanAlliance.org/SpiritofWomen
Bishop Noll Institute, Hammond, 'Open House,' 11 a.m.-1 p.m. 932-9058
• St. Maria Goretti, Dyer, 'Acrylic Painting Classes,' Tues., 1-3 p.m., Casa Maria Hall. Fees. 865-5482
• Young Adult Catholic Outreach Ministry, '2nd Friday Fellowship,' various sites, activities. dgyoungadult.com
• Franciscan St. Margaret Health-Dyer-Hammond, 'Senior Promise Meetings,' Nov. 13, Infection Control, Hammond, 10 a.m. Open to those age 55-plus. 800-931-3322
Health & Fitness
• St. Mary, Crown Point, 'Blood Pressure Screenings,' Nov. 16, Dec. 21, after all Masses, St. Agnes Center. 'Foresters Blood Drives,' Nov. 30, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Hammes Hall. 663-6779
• Franciscan St. Anthony Health-Crown Point, 'Birth Doula Training,' Oct. 23-25. 757-5754 'Infant CPR & Choking Class,' Nov. 6, Dec. 4, 6 & 8 p.m. 'Safe Sitter Course,' Nov. 8, 10:30-11:30 a.m. Fees. 'Baby Care Class,' Nov. 13, Dec. 11, 7-9:30 p.m. 'Breastfeeding Class,' Dec. 9 or 10, 7-9:30 p.m. Fees. 'Preparing for Childbirth,' Tues., Nov. 4-Dec. 9, 7-9:30 p.m.; Wed., Nov. 5-Dec. 10, 7-9:30 p.m.; Sat., Dec. 6 & 13, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Fees 757-6368 'Free Weight Loss Seminar,' Nov. 19, 5 p.m., Marian Education Center. 852-2518
• Franciscan St. Anthony Health-Michigan City, 'CPR Classes,' 5:30-9:30 p.m., Chesterton Omni. 983-9832 x0 'Diabetes Group Classes,' Coolspring Health Center. 'Diabetes Health Fair,' Nov. 8, 8-11 a.m., Coolspring Outpatient Center. 861-8160 'Preparing for Childbirth,' Nov. 7, Dec. 5, 5:30-9 p.m. 877-1610 'Free Weight Loss Seminar,' Dec. 3, 5 p.m., St. Francis Hall South. 852-2518
• Franciscan St. Margaret Health-Dyer-Hammond, 'Diabetes Education Classes,' ongoing basis. Fees. 933-2144
• Franciscan St. Margaret Health-Dyer, 'Free Weight Loss Seminars,' Oct. 30, Nov. 13, Dec. 11, 5 p.m., Reginald Boardroom. 852-2518
• Franciscan Omni Health & Fitness, Chesterton, 'CPR-AED Courses,' Nov. 4, 8 a.m.-noon; Nov. 12, Dec. 15, 5:30-9:30 p.m. 983-9832 x0.
• Franciscan Omni Health & Fitness, Schererville, 'Nurse on Wellness,' Nov. 4, Diabetes; Dec. 2, Metabolism, both 6-10 a.m. 865-6969 'Weight Management Program,' Oct. 21, Nov. 18, 7 p.m. 865-7340
• St. Mary Medical Center, Hobart, 'PAD Screenings.' Fees. 947-6085
• St. Catherine Hospital, East Chicago, 'Diabetes Education Classes.' 392-7786 'Silver Sneakers Fitness Program.' For ages 65-plus. 392-7086 'Free 5-Part Series on Strokes.' Call 392-7641 for start dates. 'Health Insurance Enrollment Info Programs,' Oct. 23, Nov. 17, Dec. 9, 2 or 6 p.m., POB conference room, north entrance. comhs.org
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'YogaFit Classes,' Tues., 5:30 p.m., in chandelier room. 'Chair Yoga,' Wed., 8:45 a.m., bldg. 2. 926-3495
• American Red Cross, 'Blood Drives,' Oct. 19, St. Andrew the Apostle, Merrillville, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.; Oct. 22, Franciscan St. Anthony Health-Michigan City, 8 a.m.-noon; Oct. 22, Holy Spirit, Winfield, 1:30-6:30 p.m.; Nov. 6, St. Matthias, Crown Point, 12:30-6:30 p.m.; Nov. 9, St. Casimir, Hammond, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.; Nov. 11, K of C Marian Council, Cedar Lake, 2:30-6:30 p.m. 1-800-733-2767 or redcrossblood.org
St. Mary Medical Center, Hobart, 'Free Blood Pressure Screenings,' first Thurs., 10-11 a.m., H&R Spectrum. 836-3477 or comhs.org Also, 'Share Your Grief Support Group,' first Thurs., 4-5:30 p.m., conference room 4. 947-6187
St. John the Evangelist, St. John, 'Blood Pressure Screenings,' after 7:30/10:30 a.m. Masses first Sun. of each month.
Franciscan Community Services Adult Day Services, 'Free Blood Pressure Readings,' St. Anthony campus, Crown Point, first Mon., 9-11 a.m.; Cloister in the Woods Banquet Center, Munster, first Mon., 2-3 p.m.
Holy Name, Cedar Lake, 'St. Clare's Kitchen,' Tues., 5-6 p.m., basement of church. Sponsored by Secular Franciscans.
Missionaries of Charity, Gary, 'Divine Mercy Soup Kitchen,' M-T-W-F-Sat, 9:30 a.m., former St. Mark convent, 509 W. Ridge Rd.
Ss. Monica and Luke, Gary, 'Soup Kitchen,' Fri., noon-1 p.m., parish hall.
St. Joseph, Dyer, 'Helping Hands Food Pantry,' open 3rd Wed., 10 a.m.-noon, 6-7:30 p.m. Serving residents of Dyer, Schererville, St. John; bring two proofs of residency. 865-2271
St. Joseph, Hammond, 'St. Joseph Soup Kitchen,' lower level of church, weekdays, noon-1 p.m.
St. Michael Respect Life Group, Schererville, 'Baby Items Needed.' Includes cribs, mattresses, high chairs, car seats, and clothing sizes newborn to 2. 365-5355, 865-0217 or 365-8192
'Winfield Resale Shoppe,' off Randolph St. Open Th-F-Sat, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sponsored by Holy Spirit, Four Seasons Methodist, Cross of Christ Lutheran; St. Eliz. Seton, Valparaiso.
All Saints, Hammond, 'Thrift Shop,' open T-Th, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Donations accepted.
St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Table of Plenty Free Dinner,' Fri., 4:30-6 p.m., Chapel Hall (bldg. 2).
St. Teresa of Avila Student Center, Valparaiso, 'Café Manna,' Thurs., 4:30-6:30 p.m.
St. Paul, Valparaiso, 'Clothing Center for Those in Need,' M/T/W, 1-4 p.m.; Th/Sat, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. 462-0074
St. Mary, Kouts, 'St. Mary's Soup Bowl,' 3rd Tues., 4:30-6:30 p.m., parish hall. Free food, fellowship; open to all. 766-3680
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Pro-Life Mass,' 8 a.m. Next Mass, Nov. 1.
• St. Stephen, Martyr, Merrillville, 'Respect Life Mass,' 9 a.m. Reconciliation, 8:30 a.m. Living Rosary after Mass; Holy Hour starting in Dec. Next Masses, Nov. 1, Dec. 6.
• St. Thomas More, Munster, 'Altar & Rosary Society Art & Craft Fair,' Nov. 1-2, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., school gym. 836-5079
• Our Lady of Grace, Highland, 'Sodality Christmas Bazaar,' Nov. 1, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.; Nov. 2, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m., school cafeteria. Includes raffle, bakery. 838-1458
• St. Stephen, Martyr, Merrillville, 'Craft Fair,' Nov. 15-16, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Our Lady of Consolation's Vamos Hall. 805-0619
• St. Adalbert, Whiting, 'Rummage Sale,' 9 a.m.-1 p.m., parish hall.
• All Saints, Hammond, 'Holiday Bazaar,' 9 a.m.-3 p.m., school building.
• St. James the Less, Highland, 'Women's Guild Holiday Bazaar,' 9 a.m.-4 p.m., parish hall. Includes baked goods. Vendors sought. 924-1778
• St. John Bosco, Hammond, 'Altar & Rosary Society Holiday Bazaar,' 9 a.m.-2 p.m., school cafeteria. 845-4887
• Bethany Retreat House, East Chicago, 'Daytime Retreats,' 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Tues., Fri., Sat. 398-5047
• Whiting-Robertsdale Faith Community, 'Symbolon 10 – Video Series on Catholicism,' Tues., starting Oct. 7, 6:30-8 p.m., Sacred Heart's Rose Room. 659-4138
• Nativity of Our Savior, Portage, ''Mary: 8-Week Bible Study,' Tues., Sept. 23-Nov. 11, noon-2 p.m., Sept. 23-Nov. 25, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Video-based series. 762-4858
• St. Paul, Valparaiso, 'Series: W'omen of Grace, the Abundant Life,' Fri., thru Nov. 21, noon-2 p.m., Newman Room. 548-8846 or 464-4831
• St. Michael the Archangel, Schererville, 'Parish Mission: Signed & Sealed with the Cross,' Oct. 26-28, 7 p.m., in church Speaker, Franciscan Fr. Albert Hasse. 322-4505
Camino y Esperanza (Way & Hope), 'Pastoral Matrimonial Congress,' Bishop Noll Institute, Hammond. Fees. 406-1467, 671-7799, or CaminoyEsperanza.net
St. Margaret Mary, Hammond, 'Retreat in Spanish,' 8 a.m.-1 p.m. 931-5229
St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Light of Christ Charismatic Group,' 6 p.m., bldg. 4, in library. 921-1428 or 312-320-7145
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Scripture Study Group for Men,' 7 p.m., rectory basement. Open to all; bring your Bible.
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Exposition of Blessed Sacrament,' 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m. 'Prayer for Vocations,' every 2nd Thurs. 926-1282 x1
• Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Hammond, 'Mustard Seed Prayer Group,' 7 p.m., church gathering area. Open to all. 845-6419
• St. John the Evangelist, St. John, 'Charismatic Prayer Group,' 6:30 p.m., day chapel. 365-5217 or 934-1947
• St. Ann, Gary, 'Mass, Benediction, Bible Study,' starting with 8 a.m. Mass.
• Holy Name, Cedar Lake, 'Grief Support Group,' 1st/3rd Wed., 6:30-8 p.m., parish office.
• Holy Trinity (Croatian), East Chicago, 'Free Parent Support Group,' Mon/Thurs, 10 a.m.-noon. 886-1111
• Franciscan St. Margaret Health-Dyer, 'Alcoholics Anonymous,' Sun., 8 p.m., classroom F.
• Our Lady of Sorrows, South Haven, 'Compassionate Friends,' 1st Thurs., 7-9 p.m. For those who have lost children or grandchildren. 462-0921 'Rainbows, Spectrum.' For children experiencing trauma, loss, transition. 759-2400
• Wounded Healers Grief Support Groups, 'Fall Series,' Wed., 7-8:30 p.m., St. James the Less, Highland. 924-5577 or woundedhealers-nwi.com
• St. Michael the Archangel, Schererville, 'Bereavement Sessions,' 7 meetings, started Sept. 18, Thurs., 7-8:30 p.m., meeting room in St. Patrick Hall. 322-4505 x241
St. Patrick, Chesterton, '5-Week Bereavement Workshop,' Mon., Oct. 13 thru Nov. 10, 7 p.m., ministry room of building 2. 926-1282
Franciscan St. Margaret Health-Dyer, 'Bariatric Surgery Support Group,' first Tues., 6 p.m., Reginald Board Room; first Thurs.,11 a.m., Blessed Mother Room. 852-2518
Franciscan St. Margaret Health-Hammond, 'Parkinson's Disease Support Group,' first Sat., 2-4 p.m.
Franciscan Hammond Clinic, 'Diabetes Support Group,' first Thurs., 6 p.m. 836-5800
• Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus, 'Retreat for Young Women,' Oct. 24-26. For women ages 17-35, interested in religious life. 414-453-4040 or carmelitedcjnorth.org