Andrean HS, Merrillville, 'Andrean 59er Classic Golf Outing,' 8 a.m. registration, 10 a.m. shotgun start, Sand Creek CC, Chesterton. $200/golfer, $50 dinner & auction only. 887-5282 x243 or AndreanHS.org/golf
ND Club of NW Indiana, 'Sports Night 2015,' 5:45 p.m. doors open, Villa Cesare, Schererville. Dinner, speaker, raffles. Scholarship benefit. 902-6598, 708-704-2424, or nwidomers.com
St. John Bosco, Hammond, 'Annual Clothing Give-Away,' 9 a.m.-noon, school cafeteria. Open to all. Donations accepted in parish office, Mon-Thurs, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. 844-9027
Sharing Meadows, Rolling Prairie, 'Annual Leprechaun Hunt,' noon-6 p.m. Admission fees. 778-2585
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Gary, 'Annual Golf Outing,' 8 a.m. registration, Briar Ridge CC, Schererville. $150/golfer. Sponsorships available. 886-3549
• St. James the Less, Highland, 'Annual Fishing Trip to Eagle Lake, Ontario,' July 25-Aug. 1. $1,485/person. 923-8860 or 670-9601
• St. Thomas More, Munster, 'Fatima-Lourdes-Spain Pilgrimage,' March 7-17, 2016. $3,598/person. Led by Fr. Yadron. 836-8610
ARCS, St. Joan of Arc, Merrillville, 'All Shook Up,' Center for Performing Arts, Munster. Carpooling from church, 10:50 a.m. Includes meal. RSVP by July 10. 662-2236
Food & Festival
• Nativity of Our Savior, Portage, 'Parish Festival,' July 9-12. 762-4858
• St. John the Evangelist, St. John, 'SJE Fest 2015,' July 23-26. stjohnparish.org
• St. Michael the Archangel, Schererville, 'Summer Festival,' Aug. 7-8. 322-4505
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Western Days Festival,' Aug. 20-23. 924-4163
First Catholic Slovak Ladies Association, Branch 81, 'Garden Party Luncheon,' 1 p.m., Andorra's Banquet Hall, Schererville. 310-8428 or 659-4546
K of C St. Clement Council 3238, Lake Station, 'Spaghetti Dinner,' 3-7 p.m., St. Francis Xavier hall. 963-0995
'Annual Slovak Day Celebration,' Salvatorian Shrine, Merrillville, 10:30 a.m. Mass, 11:30 a.m. ethnic foods, 1 p.m. dancers, 1:30 p.m. raffle drawing, 2 p.m. music & dancing. 795-1518
St. Ann of the Dunes, Beverly Shores, 'Annual AYCE Pancake Breakfast,' 8:30 a.m.-noon, under 3 tents. 879-7565
St. Stanislaus, East Chicago, 'Parish Festival,' noon-10 p.m. 398-2341
Notre Dame, Michigan City, 'Parish Festival,' 4 p.m. outdoor Mass, festivities follow. 872-4844
St. Stanislaus Kostka, Michigan City, 'Chicken Dinner,' 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m., parish hall.
• St. Maria Goretti, Dyer, 'Acrylic Painting Classes,' Tues., 1-3 p.m., Casa Maria Hall. Fees. 865-5482
• Young Adult Catholic Outreach Ministry, '2nd Friday Fellowship,' various sites, activities. dgyoungadult.com
• Office of Intercultural Ministries, 'Marriage Prep Classes in Spanish,' Aug. 1 & 8, Nov. 7 & 14, all 3-6 p.m., 3814 Grand Blvd., East Chicago. 397-2125
• Polish-American Cultural Society of NW Ind., 'Meetings,' July 8, Portage Public Library; July 22, St. Mary school building, Michigan City, both at 5 p.m. 464-1369
Franciscan St. Margaret Health-Dyer, 'Senior Promise Meeting: Stress Management,' 10 a.m. Open to those ages 55-older. 1-800-931-3322
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Valparaiso, 'HOPE Career Networking,' second Tues., 7-9 p.m., parish hall. Free; open to all.
Andrean HS, Merrillville, 'All-Class Reuniting,' 5:30 p.m., main gym. Sponsored by class of '65; open to classes of '63, '64, '66, '67, '68.
St. John the Evangelist, St. John, 'Creator's Corner: Scrapbooking & Papercrafting Event,' 9 a.m.-9 p.m., school gym. Fees. 308-4802, 365-1653, or stjohnparish.org/cfi.php
Health & Fitness
• St. Mary, Crown Point, 'Blood Pressure Screenings,' July 19, Aug. 16, Sept. 20, Oct. 18, Nov. 15, Dec. 20, after all Masses, St. Agnes Center. 'Foresters Blood Drives,' Sept. 6, Nov. 29, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Hammes Hall. 663-6779
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'YogaFit Classes,' Tues., 5:30 p.m., in chandelier room. 'Chair Yoga,' Wed., 8:45 a.m., bldg. 2. 926-3495
• St. Maria Goretti, Dyer, 'Zumba Fitness Classes,' Tues., 6-7 p.m., Casa Maria Hall. Fees. 742-6026
• American Red Cross, 'Blood Drives,' July 11, Sacred Heart, Wanatah, 7 a.m.-noon; July 14, K of C Marian Council, Cedar Lake, 2:30-6:30 p.m.; July 16, St. Mary, Kouts, 2-7 p.m.; July 19, Nativity of Our Savior, Portage, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.; July 20, St. Teresa of Avila, Valparaiso, 1-7 p.m.; July 20, St. John Kanty, Rolling Prairie, 1-6 p.m.; July 26, St. Patrick, Chesterton, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.; July 27, Queen of All Saints, Michigan City, 1-6 p.m. 1-800-733-2767 or redcrossblood.org
• Franciscan Alliance Northern Indiana Region, 'Lung Screenings,' sites in Chesterton, Crown Point, Dyer, Hammond, Michigan City, Munster, Valparaiso. Fees. 1-855-472-1659
• Franciscan St. Anthony Health-Crown Point, 'Series of Diabetes Courses,' July, August, 1-3 p.m. Tues., 6-8 p.m. Wed. Fees. 757-6268
• St. Mary Medical Center, Hobart, 'Diabetes Management Classes,' various sites, dates. 947-6234
• St. Joan of Arc, Merrillville, 'Zumba Gold Classes,' Wed., 12:30 p.m., parish hall. For all fitness levels. Fees. 947-0509
Holy Name, Cedar Lake, 'St. Clare's Kitchen,' Tues., 5-6 p.m., basement of church. Sponsored by Secular Franciscans.
Missionaries of Charity, Gary, 'Divine Mercy Soup Kitchen,' M-T-W-F-Sat, 9:30 a.m., former St. Mark convent, 509 W. Ridge Rd.
Ss. Monica and Luke, Gary, 'Soup Kitchen,' Fri., noon-1 p.m., parish hall.
St. Joseph, Dyer, 'Helping Hands Food Pantry,' open 3rd Wed., 10 a.m.-noon, 6-7 p.m. Serving residents of Dyer, Schererville, St. John; bring two proofs of residency. 865-2271
St. Joseph, Hammond, 'St. Joseph Soup Kitchen,' lower level of church, weekdays, noon-1 p.m.
St. Michael Respect Life Group, Schererville, 'Baby Items Needed.' Includes cribs, mattresses, high chairs, car seats, and clothing sizes newborn to 2. 365-5355, 865-0217 or 365-8192
'Winfield Resale Shoppe,' off Randolph St. Open Th-F-Sat, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sponsored by Holy Spirit, Four Seasons Methodist, Cross of Christ Lutheran; St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Valparaiso.
All Saints, Hammond, 'Thrift Shop,' open T-Th, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Donations accepted.
St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Table of Plenty Free Dinner,' Fri., 4:30-6 p.m., Chapel Hall (bldg. 2).
St. Teresa of Avila Student Center, Valparaiso, 'Café Manna,' Thurs., 4:30-6:30 p.m.
St. Paul, Valparaiso, 'Clothing Center for Those in Need,' M/T/W, 1-4 p.m.; Th/Sat, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. 462-0074
St. Mary, Kouts, 'St. Mary's Soup Bowl,' 3rd Tues., 4:30-6:30 p.m., parish hall. Free food, fellowship; open to all. 766-3680
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Pro-Life Mass,' 8 a.m. Next Mass, Aug. 1.
• St. Stephen, Martyr, Merrillville, 'Respect Life Mass,' 9 a.m. Reconciliation, 8:30 a.m. Living Rosary after Mass. Next Mass, Aug. 1.
Our Lady of Grace, Highland, 'Altar & Rosary Rummage Sale,' 9 a.m.-5 p.m. July 8-9, 9 a.m.-noon July 10 ($2/bag day), OLG cafeteria. Dropoffs July 6-7, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., cafeteria.
Our Lady of Sorrows, South Haven, 'Altar & Rosary Society Rummage Sale,' 9 a.m.-3 p.m. 759-2885
Blue Army of Our Lady of Fatima, 'Rummage Sale,' 9 a.m.-5 p.m., St. Mary-Hildebrandt Hall, Griffith. Set-up July 22-23. 836-8779
July 30-Aug. 2
Our Lady of Consolation, Merrillville, 'Parish Rummage Sale.' 769-1755
July 31-Aug. 2
St. Francis Xavier, Lake Station, 'Parish Rummage Sale.' 962-8626
Andrean HS, Merrillville, 'Five & Nine Antique, Rummage sale,' 7 a.m.-2 p.m., at school. 887-5281
Notre Dame, Michigan City, 'Trash & Treasure Sale.' 879-2541 or 879-8053
• Bethany Retreat House, East Chicago, 'Daytime Retreats,' 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Tues., Fri., Sat. 398-5047
• Worldwide Marriage Encounter, 'Weekend Programs,' Aug. 7-9, Oct. 9-11, Dec.11-13, Elk Grove Village, Ill. 630-577-0778 or wwme-chicagoland.org
• St. Michael the Archangel, Schererville, 'Marian Devotions,' Sun., thru Oct. 18, starting at dusk, Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes, east side of parish cemetery. 322-4505 x239 'Bible Study: Story of the Eucharist in Scripture,' Tues., thru July 21, 7-8:30 p.m., parish hall. Fees. 322-1717 or 808-3255
• Blue Army of Our Lady of Fatima, 'Observance of 98th Anniversary of Fatima Apparitions,' July 13, Aug. 13, Sept. 13, Oct. 13, 7-8 p.m., Carmelite Monastery, Munster. 836-8779 or 887-7829
• Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, 'Women's Woodscape Retreat,' July 9-12, Owens Hall. Fees. RSVP by July 2. 812-535-2952 or ProvCenter.org
• Office of Intercultural Ministries, 'Migrant Ministry Masses,' July 12, Johnson Farm, Hobart; July 19, County Line Orchard, Hobart; Aug. 2, Herr Farm, Lowell, all at 4 p.m. 397-2125
• St. Ann, Gary, 'Novena to St. Ann,' July 17-25. July 17, 19-24, novena & benediction, 6:30 p.m.; July 18 & 25, novena after 4:30 p.m. Mass. July 26, 9 a.m. Mass & anointing of the sick, followed by Rosary and procession; chicken dinner follows.
• Lindenwood Retreat & Conference Center, Donaldson, 'Retreat: Transitional Moments in Our Lives with the Lord,' July 26-31. Presenter, Fr. J. Schweitzer. Fees. RSVP by July 22. 574-935-1780 or lindenwood.org
July 31-Aug. 2
Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, 'Retreat on Forgiveness: The Path Inward,' Owens Hall at the Woods. Fees. RSVP by July 24. 812-535-2952 or ProvCenter.org
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Light of Christ Charismatic Group,' 6 p.m., bldg. 4, in library. 921-1428 or 312-320-7145
St. Joseph, Hammond, 'Eucharistic Adoration,' 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m., religious education building chapel. Chaplet of Divine Mercy at 3:30 p.m.
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Scripture Study Group for Men,' 7 p.m., rectory basement. Open to all; bring your Bible.
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Exposition of Blessed Sacrament,' 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m. 'Prayer for Vocations,' every 2nd Thurs. 926-1282 x1
• Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Hammond, 'Mustard Seed Charismatic Prayer Group,' 7 p.m., church gathering area. Open to all. 845-6419
• St. John the Evangelist, St. John, 'Charismatic Prayer Group,' 6:30 p.m., day chapel. 365-5217 or 934-1947
• St. Ann, Gary, 'Mass, Benediction, Bible Study,' starting with 8 a.m. Mass.
Queen of All Saints, Michigan City, 'Eucharistic Holy Hour for Vocations,' 6:30-8 p.m. Featuring Bishop Hying. 872-9196 or qas.org
• CYO Camp Lawrence, Valparaiso, 'Summer Camping Season,' weekly thru July 25. 736-8931 or nwicyo.org
• Queen of All Saints, Michigan City, 'Tapped In,' Wed., thru July 22, Scarby's South Shore Pub, 7 p.m. qas.org
• Our Lady of Grace, Highland, 'Theology on Tap,' Sun., July 12 thru Aug. 2, OLG school cafeteria, 6:30 p.m. garyontap.com
• St. Mary, Crown Point, 'Theology on Tap,' Wed., July 15 thru Aug. 5, 7 p.m., Crown Brewing. 663-0044 or garyontap.com
• Office of Youth & Young Adults, 'CYX - Catholic Youth Xperience,' July 17-19, Valparaiso University. For incoming high school freshmen to outgoing seniors. garyoyya.com/cyx
• Holy Name, Cedar Lake, 'Grief Support Group,' 1st/3rd Tues., 6:30-8 p.m., parish office building.
• Holy Trinity (Croatian), East Chicago, 'Free Parent Support Group,' Mon/Thurs, 10 a.m.-noon. 886-1111
• Franciscan St. Margaret Health-Dyer, 'Alcoholics Anonymous,' Sun., 8 p.m., classroom F.
• Our Lady of Sorrows, South Haven, 'Compassionate Friends,' 1st Thurs., 7-9 p.m. For those who have lost children or grandchildren. 462-0921 'Rainbows, Spectrum.' For children experiencing trauma, loss, transition. 759-2400
• Wounded Healers Grief Support Groups, '2015 Spring-Summer Series,' Wed., 7-8:30 p.m., St. James the Less, Highland. Guest speaker July 8, 7-8:30 p.m. 924-5577 or woundedhealers-nwi.com
St. Agnes Adult Day Service Center, Valparaiso, 'Alzheimer's Support Group,' second Thurs., 3-4:30 p.m., St. Paul campus. 477-5433
Franciscan Adult Day Services, Crown Point, 'Alzheimer's Caregiver Support Group,' second Sun., 2:30-4 p.m. 661-5302
Franciscan St. Anthony Health-Crown Point, 'Breast Cancer Support Group,' second Wed., 6 p.m. 757-6010