St. Mary Athletic Assoc., Griffith, 'New Year's Day Bingo,' 11 a.m. open, 1 p.m. early games, 2 p.m. regulars, Hildebrandt Hall. Admission includes dinner.
May 4, 2014
St. Bridget, Hobart, 'Style Show,' parish center.
St. Victor, Calumet City, IL, 'South Suburban College Chorale,' 4 p.m., church, 553 Hirsch Ave. 708-596-2000 x2349 or stvictorcc.org
NW Indiana CYO, 'CYO Band Christmas Concert,' 7 p.m., Andrean HS, Merrillville. Featuring students from St. John Bosco, St. Mary-Crown Point, Aquinas, & Nativity of Our Savior.
St. James the Less, Highland, 'Christmas Concert,' 2 p.m., church hall. Featuring adult, youth, bell choirs. Free-will offering.
Food & Festival
• St. Casimir, Hammond, 'Our Lady of Fatima Cookie Sale & Raffle,' Dec. 7, 11 a.m.-4 p.m.; Dec. 8, 8 a.m.-noon.
• St. Edward, Lowell, 'Baskets of Cheer' raffle tickets also sold; drawing Dec. 12.
• St. Joseph, Hammond, 'Altar & Rosary Bake Sale, Raffle,' Dec. 14, 2-6 p.m.; Dec. 15, 8-11 a.m., Vrabely Hall.
• K of C Council 8080, Highland, 'Pierogi Sales,' Dec. 21/22, after all Masses, St. James the Less. 924-2609
• St. John the Baptist, Whiting, 'Winter Festival: Around the World,' Feb. 28-March 2, 2014. 773-727-3596 or 256-9219
• St. Mary, Kouts, 'Soup & Salad Luncheon w/ Silent Auction,' 11 a.m.-2 p.m. 766-3680
• St. Stanislaus Kostka, Michigan City, 'Cookie Sale,' 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
• St. Stanislaus, East Chicago, 'Holy Name Pancake Breakfast,' 7 a.m.-1 p.m. Mini-bazaar, vendors, cash raffle also.
• First Catholic Slovak Ladies, Br. 409, 'Christmas Party,' OLConsolation's Vamos Hall. RSVP due Dec. 1. 865-6396 or 397-6890
• Our Lady of Grace Home & School Assoc., Highland, 'Annual St. Nick's Breakfast,' 7:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., cafeteria.
Polish Women's Alliance, Dist. 3, 'Wigilia – Christmas Meal,' noon, East Chicago K of C hall, Indianapolis Blvd. 398-9069
Andrean HS, Merrillville, 'Christmas on Campus,' 11:30 a.m. doors open. Noon Mass, followed by Santa, games, refreshments. 887-5281
Our Lady of Sorrows, South Haven, 'Rainbows, Spectrum.' For children experiencing trauma, transition. 759-2400
• St. Maria Goretti, Dyer, 'Acrylic Painting Classes,' Tues., 1-3 p.m., Casa Maria Hall. Fees. 865-5482
• 'Marian Conference,' Jan. 10-12, Millennium Hotel, St. Louis, MO. 314-423-1075 or stlmarianconference.net
• Marquette Catholic HS, Michigan City, 'Placement Exam for Class of 2018,' 8 a.m. Fee. marquette-hs.org or 210-4505
Health & Fitness
• St. Mary, Crown Point, 'Blood Pressure Screenings,' Dec. 15, Jan. 19, Feb. 16, March 16, April 13, May 18, June 15, July 20, Aug. 17, Sept. 21, Oct. 19, Nov. 16, Dec. 21, after all Masses, St. Agnes Center. 'Foresters Blood Drive,' Dec. 1, Feb. 16, May 11, Aug. 31, Nov. 30, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Hammes Hall. 663-6779
• Franciscan St. Anthony Health, Crown Point, 'Free Seminar: Weight-Loss Options,' Dec. 4, 6 p.m., Marian Education Center. 852-2518 'Preparing for Childbirth,' Tues., thru Dec. 10, 7-9:30 p.m.; Wed., thru Dec. 11, 7-9:30 p.m.; Sat., Dec. 7/14, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. 757-6368
• St. Mary Medical Center, Hobart, 'PAD Screenings.' Fees. 947-6085 'Free Presentation: Sinus Procedures,' Dec. 2, 6-8 p.m. 'Health Insurance Seminar,' Dec. 4, 6-7 p.m. 'Free Neck Pain Seminar,' Dec. 5, 6-7 p.m. 'Free Cooking Demo,' Dec. 11, 2-2:30 p.m. 836-3477
• Franciscan St. Anthony Health, Michigan City, 'Free Seminar: Weight-Loss Options,' Dec. 3, 6 p.m., St. Francis Hall South. 852-2518 'Preparing for Childbirth,' Dec. 6/13, 5:30-9 p.m.; Dec. 7/14, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. 800-931-3322
• Franciscan St. Margaret Health, Dyer, 'Free Seminar: Weight-Loss Options,' Dec. 11, 6 p.m. Reginald Board Room. 852-2518
• St. Catherine Hospital, East Chicago, 'Diabetes Education Classes.' 392-7786 'Health Insurance Seminar,' Dec. 6, 6-7 p.m. 'Free Teen Childbirth Prep Classes,' Dec. 21-22, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. 836-3477
• St. Maria Goretti, Dyer, 'Chair Yoga,' first/third Wed., 10-11 a.m., Casa Maria Hall. Fees. 865-5482
St. Michael, Schererville, 'Blood Pressure & Blood Sugar Screenings,' after Masses third Sat/Sun, west coatroom. 322-4505 x241
• Whiting-Robertsdale Cluster, 'Advent Morning of Reflection,' Dec. 7, 8:45-11:30 a.m., Sacred Heart's Rose Room. 'Outdoor Nativity Set Blessing,' Dec. 14, 5:30 p.m., corner of 119th St. & Lincoln Ave.
• St. Edward, Lowell, 'OLGuadalupe Mass,' Dec. 12, 7 p.m., church. Potluck to follow. 'Las Posadas,' Dec. 16-23, 7 p.m., gym. 'CFF Christian Pageant,' Dec. 13, 7 p.m., church.
• St. Maria Goretti, Dyer, 'Advent Family Workshop,' noon-3 p.m., Casa Maria Hall. 322-6124
• Holy Name, Cedar Lake, 'OLGuadalupe Mass & Celebration,' 5:30 p.m.
• St. Margaret Mary, Hammond, 'OLGuadalupe Mass,' 10 a.m., Bishop Noll fieldhouse.
St. Patrick, East Chicago, 'OLGuadalupe Mass,' 7 p.m.
• Holy Spirit, Winfield, 'OLGuadalupe Mass,' 6 p.m.
• St. Mary, East Chicago, 'OLGuadalupe Masses,' 7 a.m., 6 p.m.
• Sacred Heart, Whiting, 'OLGuadalupe Mass,' 6:30 p.m.
• Our Lady of Guadalupe, East Chicago, 'OLGuadalupe Mass,' 7 p.m.
• St. Casimir, Hammond, 'OLGuadalupe Masses,' 8:15 a.m., 6 p.m.
• Nativity of Our Savior, Portage, 'OLGuadalupe Mass,' 6 p.m.
• St. James the Less, Highland, 'OLGuadalupe Mass,' 6 p.m.
• St. Michael, Schererville, 'OLGuadalupe Mass,' 7 p.m.
• St. Francis Xavier, Lake Station, 'OLGuadalupe Mass,' 6 p.m.
• St. Mark Gary, 'OLGuadalupe Mass,' 6 p.m.
• St. John Bosco, Hammond, 'OLGuadalupe Mass,' 7 p.m.
• Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Hammond, 'Free Program: Prayer & the Advent Season,' 7 p.m. Presenter, Fr. Stan Dominik. 844-3438
St. John the Evangelist, St. John, 'OLGuadalupe Mass,' 9:30 a.m.
Holy Name, Cedar Lake, 'St. Clare's Kitchen,' Tues., 5-6 p.m., basement of church. Sponsored by Secular Franciscans.
Missionaries of Charity, Gary, 'Divine Mercy Soup Kitchen,' M-T-W-F-Sat, 9:30 a.m., former St. Mark convent, 509 W. Ridge Rd.
Ss. Monica and Luke, Gary, 'Soup Kitchen,' Fri., noon-1 p.m., parish hall.
St. Joseph, Dyer, 'Helping Hands Food Pantry,' open 3rd Wed., 10 a.m.-noon, 6-7:30 p.m. Serving residents of Dyer, Schererville, St. John; bring two proofs of residency. 865-2271
St. Joseph, Hammond, 'St. Joseph Soup Kitchen,' church basement in downtown Hammond, weekdays, noon-1 p.m.
St. Michael Respect Life Group, Schererville, 'Baby Items Needed.' Includes cribs, mattresses, high chairs, car seats, and clothing sizes newborn to 2. 365-5355, 865-0217 or 365-8192
'Winfield Resale Shoppe,' off Randolph St. Open Th-F-Sat, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sponsored by Holy Spirit, Four Seasons Methodist, Cross of Christ Lutheran; St. Eliz. Seton, Valparaiso.
All Saints, Hammond, 'Thrift Shop,' open T-Th, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Donations accepted.
St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Table of Plenty Free Dinner,' Fri., 4:30-6 p.m., Chapel Hall (bldg. #2).
St. Teresa of Avila Student Center, Valparaiso, 'Café Manna,' Thurs., 4:30-6:30 p.m.
St. Paul, Valparaiso, 'Clothing Center for Those in Need,' M/T/W, 1-4 p.m.; Th/Sat, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. 462-0074
• Office of Pro-Life Activities, 'March for Life in Washington, D.C.,' Jan. 20-24, seats still available. Fees include transportation, lodging. 924-4163
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Pro-Life Mass,' 8 a.m.
• St. Stephen, Martyr, Merrillville, 'Respect Life Mass,' 9 a.m. Reconciliation, 8:40 a.m. Holy Hour after Mass.
St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Pro-Life Mass,' third Thurs., 7 p.m.; exposition, 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m.; confessions, 6-6:50 p.m.
St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Rosary for Life,' third weekend, 5 p.m. Sat./11:30 a.m. Sun. 926-1282
• St. Andrew the Apostle, Merrillville, 'Annual Craft Fair & Christmas Cookie Walk,' Dec. 7, 2-7 p.m.; Dec. 8, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Ameling Hall. Booth space available. 670-8848
• St. Mary of the Lake, Gary, 'Snowflake Bazaar,' Dec. 7/8, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Soup & salad luncheon, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. 938-0913
St. Bridget, Hobart, 'Annual Soup-Salad Luncheon & Bazaar,' parish center. Seeking vendors. 942-3922
• St. James the Less, Highland, 'Living the Discerning Life: Spiritual Teachings of St. Ignatius Loyola,' Tues/Thurs, Jan. 9-Feb. 13, 6:30-8:30 p.m., room 2. 924-4220
• Our Lady of Guadalupe, East Chicago, 'Retiros (Retreats) in Spanish,' Dec. 7, Jan. 4. 398-0253 Also at St. Margaret Mary, Hammond, Feb. 1. 931-5229
St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Light of Christ Charismatic Group,' 6 p.m., bldg. 4, in library. 921-1428 or 312-320-7145
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Scripture Study Group for Men,' 7 p.m., rectory basement. Open to all; bring your Bible.
• Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Hammond, 'Mustard Seed Prayer Group,' 7 p.m., church gathering area. Open to all. 845-6419
• St. John the Evangelist, St. John, 'Charismatic Prayer Group,' 6:30 p.m., day chapel. 365-5217 or 934-1947
• St. Ann, Gary, 'Mass, Benediction, Bible Study,' starting with 8 a.m. Mass.
• St. John the Evangelist, St. John, 'Divorce & Beyond.' 365-7784
• Holy Name, Cedar Lake, 'Grief Support Group,' 1st/3rd Wed., 6:30-8 p.m., parish office.
• Holy Trinity (Croatian), East Chicago, 'Free Parent Support Group,' Mon/Thurs, 10 a.m.-noon. 886-1111
• Franciscan St. Margaret Health, Dyer, 'Alcoholics Anonymous,' Sun., 8 p.m., classroom F.
• St. Mary Medical Center, Hobart, 'Share Your Grief Support Group,' Dec. 5, 4-5:30 p.m. For parents who've lost a child. 947-6187
• St. Catherine Hospital, East Chicago, 'Stroke Support Group,' Dec. 17, 3:15 p.m. 392-7645
• Wounded Healers Grief Support Groups, 'Fall Series,' Wed., 7-8:30 p.m., St. James the Less, Highland. 924-5577 or woundedhealers-nwi.com
Franciscan St. Anthony Health, Crown Point, 'Breastfeeding Mothers Support Group,' third Tues., 10 a.m.-noon, Marian Education Center. Also, 'Parkinson's Disease Support Group,' second Mon., 2-4 p.m., third Mon., 7-9 p.m., MEC.
Franciscan St. Anthony Health, Michigan City, 'Cancer Support Group,' third Thurs., 4 p.m. Also, 'Diabetes Support Group,' third Mon., 5 p.m., Coolspring Health Center.