Bishop Noll Institute, Hammond, 'BNI's Big Event,' April 24, 6-11 p.m., Noll fieldhouse. Food, music, raffles, live auction. 932-9058 x1005 'We Are Warriors 5K Run,' May 30, 8:30 a.m. start, fieldhouse. 313-0565 or signmeup.com/106787
• St. Matthias, Crown Point, 'Women's Club Crazy Bunco,' 11 a.m. lunch, noon games start, parish hall. Door prizes, raffles. 663-2201
• St. Paul, Valparaiso, 'Oasis Club Fashion Show: Show Your Style,' noon-3 p.m., Valparaiso Country Club. 462-0959
• Franciscan Alliance, 'St. Monica Home High Tea,' 1 p.m., Marian Education Center, Crown Point. Benefit for St. Monica Home. 661-3401
Marquette Catholic HS, Michigan City, 'Marquette Mulligan Golf Outing,' Long Beach CC, noon shotgun start. Includes dinner, silent auction. 210-4506
Sojourner Truth House, Gary, 'Walk for Sojourner Truth House,' 8 a.m. registration, 9 a.m. walk (1.6 miles). walkforsth.org
St. John the Evangelist School, St. John, 'Annual SJE Endowment Golf Classic,' White Hawk CC, Crown Point. 650-2209 or sjeschool.org
• St. James the Less, Highland, 'Annual Fishing Trip to Eagle Lake, Ontario,' July 25-Aug. 1. $1,485/person. 923-8860 or 670-9601
St. Joan of Arc, Merrillville, 'ARCS Trip to Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore,' 9 a.m. departure from church. Includes lunch. 662-2236
Marian Theater Guild, Whiting, 'Lend Me A Tenor,' April 25, 8:15 p.m., April 26, 3 p.m. 473-7555
Holy Angels Cathedral, Gary, 'Cathedral Arts Concert Series: Diocese of Gary Choir,' 3 p.m. Free admission; offering accepted. 882-6079
• Bishop Noll Institute, Hammond, 'BNI Band & Choir Concert,' 6 p.m., school auditorium. Free admission.
• Ancilla Domini Chapel, Donaldson, 'Original Dramatic Play: The Queens,' 2 p.m. 574-935-1712 or MoonTreeStudios.org
Food & Festival
• All Saints, Hammond, 'Pancake Breakfast & Bake Sale,' 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Bake sale also held in church April 25.
• Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Hammond, 'Mad Hatter's Tea & Garden Party,' 1 p.m., social hall. Open to all ages. 484-5789
• St. Mary of the Lake, Gary, 'Festa Italiana Community Celebration,' 4-9 p.m., Lessard Hall. Spaghetti dinner, music, bake sale. 938-1373 or facebook.com/SMLParishMiller
• St. Mary, Kouts, 'Pork Chop Dinner,' 5-7 p.m., parish hall. 766-3680
• K of C Council 9114, Portage, 'Mother's Day Pancake Breakfast,' 8-11 a.m., Nativity of Our Savior hall. Free to all moms.
• St. Joseph the Worker, Gary, 'Mexican Fiesta,' 11 a.m., church hall. 688-6558
• St. Mark, Gary, 'Mexican Fiesta & Raffle,' 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Ambre Hall (upstairs).
Polish Women's Alliance Group 132, 'Mother's Day Luncheon,' noon doors open, East Chicago K of C hall. RSVP by May 5. 218-4420
Ss. Monica and Luke, Gary, 'Men's Club Mother's Day Breakfast,' after Mass in church hall.
St. Stephen, Martyr, Merrillville, 'Men's Club AYCE Spaghetti Dinner,' 4-7 p.m., parish hall. 980-9348
St. Mary, Griffith, 'Rosary Society Spring Tea: Shades of Pink,' 1-4 p.m., Hildebrandt Hall. 629-4266
• St. Maria Goretti, Dyer, 'Acrylic Painting Classes,' Tues., 1-3 p.m., Casa Maria Hall. Fees. 865-5482
• Young Adult Catholic Outreach Ministry, '2nd Friday Fellowship,' various sites, activities. dgyoungadult.com
• Bishop Noll Institute, Hammond, 'Class of '65 Re,' May 29-31. Includes pizza party, dinner, & picnic. Weekend or nightly rates. 696-1805 or 864-8708.
• Office of Hispanic Ministry, 'Marriage Prep Classes in Spanish,' May 2 & 9, Aug. 1 & 8, Nov. 7 & 14, all 3-6 p.m., 3814 Grand Blvd., East Chicago. 397-2125
• Franciscan St. Margaret Health, 'Senior Promise Meetings,' May 14, Basic Adult First Aid, Dyer campus; June 11, Pulmonary Problems & Disorders, Hammond; July 9, Stress Management, Dyer, all at 10 a.m. Open to those ages 55-older. 1-800-931-3322
• Polish-American Cultural Society of NW Indiana, 'Meetings,' May 6, Portage Public Library; May 22, St. Mary school building, Michigan City, both at 5 p.m. 464-1369
• Univ. of Saint Francis Crown Point, 'Campus Open House,' April 25, 9-11 a.m., April 28, 5-7 p.m. crownpoint.sf.edu
• Franciscan St. Anthony Health-Crown Point, 'Safe Kids Day,' 9 a.m.-noon, Southlake YMCA, Crown Point. 1-800-931-3322
• Holy Name, Cedar Lake, 'Summer Jobs 101,' 10 a.m.-noon, gym. Sponsored by parish youth council. 306-2919
Sojourner Truth House, Gary, 'Coffee & Conversation,' 1 p.m. 885-2282 x110
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Valparaiso, 'HOPE Career Networking,' second Tues., 7-9 p.m., parish hall. Free; open to all.
Health & Fitness
• St. Mary, Crown Point, 'Blood Pressure Screenings,' May 17, June 21, July 19, Aug. 16, Sept. 20, Oct. 18, Nov. 15, Dec. 20, after all Masses, St. Agnes Center. 'Foresters Blood Drives,' May 10, Sept. 6, Nov. 29, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Hammes Hall. 663-6779
• Franciscan St. Anthony Health-Crown Point, 'Series of Diabetes Courses,' now thru April, 1-3 p.m. Tues, 6-8 p.m. Wed., Burrell classrooms, lower level. Fees. 757-6268 'Free Program: Lymphedema,' April 28, noon, Breast Cancer Center. 757-6368
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'YogaFit Classes,' Tues., 5:30 p.m., in chandelier room. 'Chair Yoga,' Wed., 8:45 a.m., bldg. 2. 926-3495
• St. Maria Goretti, Dyer, 'Zumba Fitness Classes,' Tues., 6-7 p.m., Casa Maria Hall. Fees. 742-6026
• American Red Cross, 'Blood Drives,' April 26, Sacred Heart, LaPorte, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.; May 5, Franciscan Omni Health & Fitness, Chesterton, 2-8 p.m.; May 7, St. Matthias, Crown Point, 12:30-6:30 p.m.; May 12, K of C Marian Council, Cedar Lake, 2:30-6:30 p.m. 1-800-733-2767 or redcrossblood.org
• Franciscan Alliance Northern Indiana Region, 'Lung Screenings,' sites in Chesterton, Crown Point, Dyer, Hammond, Michigan City, Munster, Valparaiso. Fees. 1-855-472-1659
• St. Mary Medical Center, Hobart, 'Choice in Childbirth Classes,' Tues., thru May 19, 6:30-9 p.m., conference rooms 3 & 3A. Fees. 'Free Program: Coumadin,' May 21, 1-2 p.m., conference room 3, 3A. 'Weekend Warrior Childbirth Classes,' May 16, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; 'Breastfeeding Class,' May 21, 7-9 p.m., conference room 3. 'Early Pregnancy Class,' April 22, May 27, 7-9 p.m., conference room 3. 947-6084 'Diabetes Management Classes,' various sites, dates. 947-6234 'Free Presentation: Shoulder Pain,' April 13, 6-7 p.m., auditorium, west entrance. 836-3477
• St. Joan of Arc, Merrillville, 'Zumba Gold Classes,' Wed., 12:30 p.m., parish hall. For all fitness levels. Fees. 947-0509
• CYO Camp Lawrence, Valparaiso, 'Summer Camping Season,' June 24 thru July 25. 736-8931 or nwicyo.org
Franciscan Alliance, 'Free Program: 3D Mammography Screenings,' 6-7 p.m., Briar Ridge Country Club, Schererville. 1-800-931-3322
Franciscan St. Margaret Health-Dyer, 'Open House: Breast Care Center,' May 19, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
St. Mary, Griffith, 'Spring Blood Drive,' 2-6 p.m. 924-4163
Holy Name, Cedar Lake, 'St. Clare's Kitchen,' Tues., 5-6 p.m., basement of church. Sponsored by Secular Franciscans.
Missionaries of Charity, Gary, 'Divine Mercy Soup Kitchen,' M-T-W-F-Sat, 9:30 a.m., former St. Mark convent, 509 W. Ridge Rd.
Ss. Monica and Luke, Gary, 'Soup Kitchen,' Fri., noon-1 p.m., parish hall.
St. Joseph, Dyer, 'Helping Hands Food Pantry,' open 3rd Wed., 10 a.m.-noon, 6-7 p.m. Serving residents of Dyer, Schererville, St. John; bring two proofs of residency. 865-2271
St. Joseph, Hammond, 'St. Joseph Soup Kitchen,' lower level of church, weekdays, noon-1 p.m.
St. Michael Respect Life Group, Schererville, 'Baby Items Needed.' Includes cribs, mattresses, high chairs, car seats, and clothing sizes newborn to 2. 365-5355, 865-0217 or 365-8192
'Winfield Resale Shoppe,' off Randolph St. Open Th-F-Sat, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sponsored by Holy Spirit, Four Seasons Methodist, Cross of Christ Lutheran; St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Valparaiso.
All Saints, Hammond, 'Thrift Shop,' open T-Th, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Donations accepted.
St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Table of Plenty Free Dinner,' Fri., 4:30-6 p.m., Chapel Hall (bldg. 2).
St. Teresa of Avila Student Center, Valparaiso, 'Café Manna,' Thurs., 4:30-6:30 p.m.
St. Paul, Valparaiso, 'Clothing Center for Those in Need,' M/T/W, 1-4 p.m.; Th/Sat, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. 462-0074
St. Mary, Kouts, 'St. Mary's Soup Bowl,' 3rd Tues., 4:30-6:30 p.m., parish hall. Free food, fellowship; open to all. 766-3680
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Pro-Life Mass,' 8 a.m. Next Mass, May 2.
• St. Stephen, Martyr, Merrillville, 'Respect Life Mass,' 9 a.m. Reconciliation, 8:30 a.m. Living Rosary after Mass. Next Masses, May 2, June 6, July 4, Aug. 1.
St. James the Less, Highland, 'Women's Guild Rummage, Bake, & Pierogi Sale,' 8 a.m.-4 p.m. April 24, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. April 25. Drop-off days April 22-23. 922-1961 or 227-9383
• Bethany Retreat House, East Chicago, 'Daytime Retreats,' 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Tues., Fri., Sat. 398-5047
• Worldwide Marriage Encounter, 'Weekend Programs,' June 12-14, Aug. 7-9, Elk Grove Village, Ill. 630-577-0778 or wwme-chicagoland.org
• Whiting-Robertsdale Faith Community, 'Symbolon Series: Part II,' Tues., 6:30 p.m., Sacred Heart's Rose Room. 659-4138
• St. Michael the Archangel, Schererville, 'Bereavement Sessions,' Thurs., started April 9 for seven weeks, 7-8:30 p.m., southwest meeting room in St. Patrick Hall. 322-4505 x241 'Marian Devotions,' Sun., May 3 thru Oct. 18, starting at dusk, Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes, east side of cemetery. 322-4505 x239
• Holy Spirit, Winfield, 'Parish Mission 2015: Relationships,' April 27-30, 9 a.m. Mass & talk, 7 p.m. Scripture service & talk. Presenter, Fr. Simeon Gallagher. 661-0644
Queen of All Saints, Michigan City, 'Eucharistic Holy Hour for Religious & Priestly Vocations,' 6:30 p.m., in church. Guest speaker. qas.org
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Gary, 'Annual Wedding Anniversary Mass,' 4 p.m., Holy Angels Cathedral, Gary. For couples marking 25, 40, 50, and 50-plus years of marriage. 886-3549 x331
St. Thomas More, Munster, 'Spiritual Journey: Reflections on Wizard of Oz,' 7-9 p.m., school cafeteria. Speaker, Fr. John Cafiero, OFM. Free; open to all.
St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Light of Christ Charismatic Group,' 6 p.m., bldg. 4, in library. 921-1428 or 312-320-7145
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Scripture Study Group for Men,' 7 p.m., rectory basement. Open to all; bring your Bible.
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Exposition of Blessed Sacrament,' 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m. 'Prayer for Vocations,' every 2nd Thurs. 926-1282 x1
• Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Hammond, 'Mustard Seed Prayer Group,' 7 p.m., church gathering area. Open to all. 845-6419
• St. John the Evangelist, St. John, 'Charismatic Prayer Group,' 6:30 p.m., day chapel. 365-5217 or 934-1947
• St. Ann, Gary, 'Mass, Benediction, Bible Study,' starting with 8 a.m. Mass.
• Holy Name, Cedar Lake, 'Grief Support Group,' 1st/3rd Tues., 6:30-8 p.m., parish office building.
• Holy Trinity (Croatian), East Chicago, 'Free Parent Support Group,' Mon/Thurs, 10 a.m.-noon. 886-1111
• Franciscan St. Margaret Health-Dyer, 'Alcoholics Anonymous,' Sun., 8 p.m., classroom F.
• Our Lady of Sorrows, South Haven, 'Compassionate Friends,' 1st Thurs., 7-9 p.m. For those who have lost children or grandchildren. 462-0921 'Rainbows, Spectrum.' For children experiencing trauma, loss, transition. 759-2400
• Wounded Healers Grief Support Groups, '2015 Spring-Summer Series,' Wed., beginning April 29, 7-8:30 p.m., St. James the Less, Highland. 924-5577 or woundedhealers-nwi.com
• St. Paul, Valparaiso, 'Divorce & Beyond,' 10-week series, beginning April 21, 7-9 p.m., Newman Room. Fees. 464-4831
Franciscan St. Margaret Health-Dyer, 'Caregiver Support Group,' 2 p.m.., use west entrance. 888-303-0180 or 365-3898
St. Agnes Adult Day Service Center, Valparaiso, 'Alzheimer's Support Group,' second Thurs., 3-4:30 p.m., St. Paul campus. 477-5433
Franciscan Adult Day Services, Crown Point, 'Alzheimer's Caregiver Support Group,' second Sun., 2:30-4 p.m. 661-5302
Franciscan St. Anthony Health-Crown Point, 'Breast Cancer Support Group,' second Wed., 6 p.m. 757-6010