St. Mary School Athletic Association, Griffith, 'New Year's Day Bingo,' Doors open 11 a.m., early games 1 p.m., regulars 2 p.m. Setup fees. 922-2283
• St. Thomas More, Munster, 'Pilgrimage: England, Scotland,' April 13-24, 2015. $4,598/person. 836-8610 or stm-church.com
Food & Festival
All Saints, Hammond, 'New Year's Eve Party.' Advance ticket sales only. 932-0204
St. Mary Catholic Community School, Crown Point, 'Pancake Breakfast & Open House,' 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
St. John the Baptist, Whiting, 'Winter Festival.' Games, food, entertainment.
St. Michael the Archangel, Schererville, 'That's Amore Dinner-Dance.' For married couples. Tickets from parish office. 322-4505
• St. Maria Goretti, Dyer, 'Acrylic Painting Classes,' Tues., 1-3 p.m., Casa Maria Hall. Fees. 865-5482
• Young Adult Catholic Outreach Ministry, '2nd Friday Fellowship,' various sites, activities. dgyoungadult.com
• Bishop Noll Institute, Hammond, 'Entrance Exams,' Jan. 17, 31, 8 a.m.-noon. Fees. 932-9058 or bishopnoll.org
Polish-American Cultural Society of NWI, 'Meeting,' 5 p.m., St. Mary school building, Michigan City. 464-1369
Holy Angels Cathedral, Gary, '8th Annual Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.,' 3 p.m. Music by Wirt-Emerson Concert Choir. Open to the public.
Health & Fitness
• St. Mary, Crown Point, 'Blood Pressure Screenings,' Dec. 21, Jan. 18, Feb. 15, March 15, April 19, after all Masses, St. Agnes Center. 'Foresters Blood Drives,' Feb. 15, May 10, Sept. 6, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Hammes Hall. 663-6779
• Woodland Cancer Care Center, Michigan City, 'Freedom from Smoking Classes,' Dec. 16, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. 931-3322
• St. Catherine Hospital, East Chicago, 'Teen Childbirth Prep Classes,' Dec. 20, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Free; open to ages 13-19. 836-3477 or comhs.org
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'YogaFit Classes,' Tues., 5:30 p.m., in chandelier room. 'Chair Yoga,' Wed., 8:45 a.m., bldg. 2. 926-3495
• Marquette Catholic HS, Michigan City, 'Time2Play Hoops Youth Basketball,' Sun., thru Jan. 11. Open to boys & girls grades 3-8. Fees. 629-6393 or 312-623-6642
• St. Maria Goretti, Dyer, 'Chair Yoga,' Dec. 16, 18, 10-11 a.m., Casa Maria Hall. Fees. 933-6634
• Franciscan Alliance Northern Indiana Region, 'Lung Screenings,' sites in Chesterton, Crown Point, Dyer, Hammond, Michigan City, Munster, Valparaiso. Fees. 1-855-472-1659
Franciscan St. Anthony Health-Crown Point, 'Free Sessions: Patient Navigation for Cancer Care,' fourth Tues., 3-4:30 p.m., Marian Education Center. 757-6407
Holy Name, Cedar Lake, 'St. Clare's Kitchen,' Tues., 5-6 p.m., basement of church. Sponsored by Secular Franciscans.
Missionaries of Charity, Gary, 'Divine Mercy Soup Kitchen,' M-T-W-F-Sat, 9:30 a.m., former St. Mark convent, 509 W. Ridge Rd.
Ss. Monica and Luke, Gary, 'Soup Kitchen,' Fri., noon-1 p.m., parish hall.
St. Joseph, Dyer, 'Helping Hands Food Pantry,' open 3rd Wed., 10 a.m.-noon, 6-7:30 p.m. Serving residents of Dyer, Schererville, St. John; bring two proofs of residency. 865-2271
St. Joseph, Hammond, 'St. Joseph Soup Kitchen,' lower level of church, weekdays, noon-1 p.m.
St. Michael Respect Life Group, Schererville, 'Baby Items Needed.' Includes cribs, mattresses, high chairs, car seats, and clothing sizes newborn to 2. 365-5355, 865-0217 or 365-8192
'Winfield Resale Shoppe,' off Randolph St. Open Th-F-Sat, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sponsored by Holy Spirit, Four Seasons Methodist, Cross of Christ Lutheran; St. Elizabeth Seton, Valparaiso.
All Saints, Hammond, 'Thrift Shop,' open T-Th, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Donations accepted.
St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Table of Plenty Free Dinner,' Fri., 4:30-6 p.m., Chapel Hall (bldg. 2).
St. Teresa of Avila Student Center, Valparaiso, 'Café Manna,' Thurs., 4:30-6:30 p.m.
St. Paul, Valparaiso, 'Clothing Center for Those in Need,' M/T/W, 1-4 p.m.; Th/Sat, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. 462-0074
St. Mary, Kouts, 'St. Mary's Soup Bowl,' 3rd Tues., 4:30-6:30 p.m., parish hall. Free food, fellowship; open to all. 766-3680
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Pro-Life Mass,' 8 a.m. Next Masses, Jan. 3, Feb. 7, March 7, April 4.
• St. Stephen, Martyr, Merrillville, 'Respect Life Mass,' 9 a.m. Reconciliation, 8:30 a.m. Holy Hour after Mass. Next Masses, Jan. 3, Feb. 7, March 7, April 4.
• Bethany Retreat House, East Chicago, 'Daytime Retreats,' 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Tues., Fri., Sat. 398-5047
• Whiting-Robertsdale Faith Community, 'Symbolon 10 – Video Series on Catholicism,' Tues., 6:30-8 p.m., Sacred Heart Rose Room; Thurs., St. John the Baptist Founders Room, 3:15-4:45 p.m., ending Dec. 18. 659-4138
• Worldwide Marriage Encounter, 'Weekend Programs,' Feb. 13-15, April 17-19, Elk Grove Village, Ill. 630-577-0778 or mejoliet.org
St. Matthias, Crown Point, 'Service for Loss of a Child,' 4 p.m. Fellowship afterward. 663-2201
St. Maria Goretti, Dyer, 'Christmas Vacation Bible School,' 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Fees. 322-6124 x314
St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Light of Christ Charismatic Group,' 6 p.m., bldg. 4, in library. 921-1428 or 312-320-7145
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Scripture Study Group for Men,' 7 p.m., rectory basement. Open to all; bring your Bible.
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Exposition of Blessed Sacrament,' 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m. 'Prayer for Vocations,' every 2nd Thurs. 926-1282 x1
• Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Hammond, 'Mustard Seed Prayer Group,' 7 p.m., church gathering area. Open to all. 845-6419
• St. John the Evangelist, St. John, 'Charismatic Prayer Group,' 6:30 p.m., day chapel. 365-5217 or 934-1947
• St. Ann, Gary, 'Mass, Benediction, Bible Study,' starting with 8 a.m. Mass.
• Holy Name, Cedar Lake, 'Grief Support Group,' 1st/3rd Wed., 6:30-8 p.m., parish office.
• Holy Trinity (Croatian), East Chicago, 'Free Parent Support Group,' Mon/Thurs, 10 a.m.-noon. 886-1111
• Franciscan St. Margaret Health-Dyer, 'Alcoholics Anonymous,' Sun., 8 p.m., classroom F.
• Our Lady of Sorrows, South Haven, 'Compassionate Friends,' 1st Thurs., 7-9 p.m. For those who have lost children or grandchildren. 462-0921 'Rainbows, Spectrum.' For children experiencing trauma, loss, transition. 759-2400
• Wounded Healers Grief Support Groups, '2015 Winter Series,' starting Jan. 7; runs Wed., 7-8:30 p.m., St. James the Less, Highland. 924-5577 or woundedhealers-nwi.com
• St. John the Evangelist, St. John, 'Divorce & Beyond,' 10-week series begins Jan. 12. Open to all faiths. 365-5678 or stjohnparish.org
Franciscan St. Margaret Health-Dyer, 'Caregiver Support Group,' fourth Sun., 2 p.m. 365-3898 or 1-888-303-0180 Also, 'Fibromyalgia Support Group,' fourth Sat., 10 a.m., Reginald Ballroom. 708-539-9896 Also, 'Mothers of Multiple Miracles,' fourth Mon., 7 p.m. 1-800-931-3322
St. Mary Medical Center, Hobart, 'Lupus Support Group Meetings,' fourth Mon., 6:30-8 p.m., room 3, west tower. 836-3477 Also, 'Hope Network Cancer Support Group,' last Wed., 6-7:30 p.m., education center. 945-4560
Franciscan St. Anthony Health-Michigan City, 'Breast Cancer Support Group,' fourth Thurs., 4 p.m.
Holy Spirit, Winfield, 'Support Group for Those Caring for Special-Needs Children,' last Tues. 540-529-7980 or 661-0644
Franciscan Hammond Clinic, Munster, 'Alzheimer's Caregiver Support Group,' fourth Thurs., 6 p.m. 836-5800