• St. Andrew the Apostle, Merrillville, 'Annual AYCE Soup Kitchen, Salad Bar, & Bake Sale,' 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Ameling Hall. Benefit for Deacon Modrak Tuition Assistance Fund. 662-2437
• Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Hammond, 'Soup Cook-Off,' noon-2 p.m., social hall. Entry fees. Soups accepted thru 11:30 a.m. Benefits parish roof fund.
St. Teresa of Avila Catholic Student Center, Valparaiso, 'Trivia Night,' 6:30 p.m. doors open, 7:30 p.m. games start, Avila Hall. Entry fees. saintT.com
• Whiting K of C, 'Super Bowl Party,' 4:30 p.m. start. Fees. Dinner, drinks.
• St. Michael the Archangel, Schererville, 'Super Raffle Football Party,' doors open 3 p.m., parish hall. Fees. Must be 21-plus to enter. 322-6130
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Men's Club Super Bowl Party.' 838-7733 or 924-3929
St. Jude House, Crown Point, 'Comedy Show & Dinner Benefit,' 6 p.m., Avalon Manor, Hobart. Dinner, entertainment, live & silent auctions. 662-7066 x14
Ss. Monica and Luke, Gary, 'Fashion Expo & Dinner: Runnin' Wild with Style,' 3 p.m., Avalon Manor, Hobart. 801-0397 or 883-1861
• St. Thomas More, Munster, 'Pilgrimage: England, Scotland,' April 13-24, 2015. $4,598/person. 836-8610 or stm-church.com
Saint Joseph's College, Rensselaer, 'SJC Art Show,' thru Feb. 13, Wells Community Cultural Center, Lafayette. 'An Evening with the Columbian Players,' Jan. 29, 30, 31.
Food & Festival
K of C St. John Paul II Council 16008, Highland, 'Chili Cookoff,' Jan. 25, 1-5 p.m., St. James the Less parish hall. 'Valentine's Dinner-Dance,' Feb. 14, 6:30 p.m.-midnight, St. James hall. Advance tickets only. 776-8773 or 742-7013
St. Mary Catholic Community School, Crown Point, 'Pancake Breakfast & Open House,' 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
K of C Msgr. Hoffmann Council 13003, Merrillville, 'AYCE Pasta Dinner,' 4-7 p.m., St. Joan of Arc parish hall. 942-8378 or 980-5155
• Holy Name, Cedar Lake, 'Spaghetti Dinner,' noon-3 p.m. Tickets sold after Masses.
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Rosary Society Card & Bunco Party,' Hildebrandt Hall, doors open 12:30 p.m. 924-0790
• St. Maria Goretti, Dyer, 'Mardi Gras Family Activity Day,' noon-3 p.m., Casa Maria Hall. 322-6124 x314
• St. Joseph the Worker, Gary, 'AYCE Soup, Salad, & Dessert Luncheon,' 11 a.m.-1 p.m., parish hall. 688-6558
Holy Spirit, Winfield, 'Mardi Gras Celebration,' doors open 5:30 p.m., Parish Life Center. Tickets sold after Masses; also from parish office.
St. John the Baptist, Whiting, 'Winter Festival.' Games, food, entertainment.
• St. Michael the Archangel, Schererville, 'That's Amore Dinner-Dance.' For married couples. Tickets from parish office. 322-4505
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Men's Club Valentine's Dinner-Dance,' 5 p.m. doors open, Hildebrandt Hall. 712-2629 or 838-7733
Knights of Lithuania Council 82, Gary, 'Annual Lithuanian Independence Day Celebration,' doors open 12:30 p.m., Griffith American Post 66. Fees. 322-4533 or 884-2220
• St. Maria Goretti, Dyer, 'Acrylic Painting Classes,' Tues., 1-3 p.m., Casa Maria Hall. Fees. 865-5482
• Young Adult Catholic Outreach Ministry, '2nd Friday Fellowship,' various sites, activities. dgyoungadult.com
• Ss. Monica and Luke, Gary, 'Saturday at the Movies,' Jan. 31, noon. Free admission, refreshments. 'Men's Club Super Bowl Party,' Feb. 1, 3 p.m. Fees. 883-1861
• Bishop Noll Institute, Hammond, 'Class of '65 Reuniting,' May 29-31. Includes pizza party, dinner, & picnic. Weekend or nightly rates. 696-1805 or 864-8708.
• Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration, 'Open Houses,' Feb. 8, St. Mary Convent, Griffith, 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.; Feb. 8, St. John the Evangelist Convent, St. John, 1-4 p.m.; Feb. 8, Franciscan St. Anthony Health Convent, Michigan City, 1-4 p.m.; Feb. 9, Franciscan St. Margaret Health Convent, Hammond, 2-4 p.m.
• St. Joseph, Hammond, 'Guest Speaker,' 10 a.m., Vrabely Hall. Topics: wills, other legal matters. Sponsored by Altar & Rosary Society.
• St. Matthias, Crown Point, 'Polka Mass & Polish Luncheon,' noon Mass, followed by luncheon, parish hall. 663-2201
Polish-American Cultural Society of NWI, 'Meeting,' St. Mary school building, Michigan City, 5 p.m. 464-1369
St. Catherine Hospital, East Chicago, 'Women & Heart Health Luncheon,' 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Free. 392-7135
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Valparaiso, 'HOPE Career Networking,' second Tues., 7-9 p.m., parish hall. Free; open to all.
Health & Fitness
• St. Mary, Crown Point, 'Blood Pressure Screenings,' Feb. 15, March 15, April 19, May 17, June 21, July 19, Aug. 16, Sept. 20, Oct. 18, Nov. 15, Dec. 20, after all Masses, St. Agnes Center. 'Foresters Blood Drives,' Feb. 15, May 10, Sept. 6, Nov. 29, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Hammes Hall. 663-6779
• Franciscan St. Anthony Health-Crown Point, 'Series of Diabetes Courses,' Feb. thru April, 1-3 p.m. Tues, 6-8 p.m. Wed., Burrell classrooms, lower level. Fees. 757-6268
• St. Catherine Hospital, East Chicago, 'Health Insurance Marketplace Seminar,' Feb. 5, 6-7 p.m., Professional Office Building conference room. 'PAD Screening,' Feb. 10, 2-5 p.m. Fees. 836-3477 'Free Program: Help for the Uninsured,' Feb. 19, 2 or 6 p.m. 934-8888 'Heart Health Fair,' Feb. 21, 9 a.m.1- p.m., main lobby. 'Teen Childbirth Prep Classes,' Feb. 22, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., POB conference room. 836-3477
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'YogaFit Classes,' Tues., 5:30 p.m., in chandelier room. 'Chair Yoga,' Wed., 8:45 a.m., bldg. 2. 926-3495
• American Red Cross, 'Blood Drives,' Feb. 5, St. Matthias, Crown Point, 12:30-6:30; Feb. 12, Holy Spirit, Winfield, 1:30-6:30 p.m.; Feb. 12, Chesterton Health & Emergency Center, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.; Feb. 13, Marquette Catholic HS, Michigan City, noon-6 p.m.; Feb. 15, Our Lady of Consolation, Merrillville, 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. 1-800-733-2767 or redcrossblood.org
• Franciscan Alliance Northern Indiana Region, 'Lung Screenings,' sites in Chesterton, Crown Point, Dyer, Hammond, Michigan City, Munster, Valparaiso. Fees. 1-855-472-1659
• St. Mary Medical Center, Hobart, 'Choice in Childbirth Classes,' Tues., Feb. 24-March 31, April 14-May 19, 6:30-9 p.m., conference rooms 3 & 3A. Fees. 'Free Program on Coumadin,' Feb. 19, May 21, 1-2 p.m., conference room 3, 3A. 'Blood Profile Screening,' March 11, 8-10:30 a.m., outpatient lab, 5th floor. Fees. 'Weekend Warrior Childbirth Classes,' March 21, May 16, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; March 22, May 17, 1-5 p.m. conference rooms 3 & 3A. Fees. 'Coronary Heart Appraisal,' April 4, 8-10:30 a.m., outpatient lab, 1st floor. Fees. 836-3477 'Breastfeeding Class,' Feb. 19, March 19, April 16, May 21, 7-9 p.m., conference room 3. 'Early Pregnancy Class,' Feb. 25, March 25, April 22, May 27, 7-9 p.m., conference room 3. 947-6084 'Diabetes Management Classes,' various sites, dates. 947-6234
St. John the Evangelist, St. John, 'Blood Drive,' 3-7 p.m., Trinity Hall. stjohnparish.org
St. John the Baptist, Whiting, 'Blood Drive,' 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Panel Room. 659-3359
Holy Name, Cedar Lake, 'St. Clare's Kitchen,' Tues., 5-6 p.m., basement of church. Sponsored by Secular Franciscans.
Missionaries of Charity, Gary, 'Divine Mercy Soup Kitchen,' M-T-W-F-Sat, 9:30 a.m., former St. Mark convent, 509 W. Ridge Rd.
Ss. Monica and Luke, Gary, 'Soup Kitchen,' Fri., noon-1 p.m., parish hall.
St. Joseph, Dyer, 'Helping Hands Food Pantry,' open 3rd Wed., 10 a.m.-noon, 6-7 p.m. Serving residents of Dyer, Schererville, St. John; bring two proofs of residency. 865-2271
St. Joseph, Hammond, 'St. Joseph Soup Kitchen,' lower level of church, weekdays, noon-1 p.m.
St. Michael Respect Life Group, Schererville, 'Baby Items Needed.' Includes cribs, mattresses, high chairs, car seats, and clothing sizes newborn to 2. 365-5355, 865-0217 or 365-8192
'Winfield Resale Shoppe,' off Randolph St. Open Th-F-Sat, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sponsored by Holy Spirit, Four Seasons Methodist, Cross of Christ Lutheran; St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Valparaiso.
All Saints, Hammond, 'Thrift Shop,' open T-Th, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Donations accepted.
St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Table of Plenty Free Dinner,' Fri., 4:30-6 p.m., Chapel Hall (bldg. 2).
St. Teresa of Avila Student Center, Valparaiso, 'Café Manna,' Thurs., 4:30-6:30 p.m.
St. Paul, Valparaiso, 'Clothing Center for Those in Need,' M/T/W, 1-4 p.m.; Th/Sat, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. 462-0074
St. Mary, Kouts, 'St. Mary's Soup Bowl,' 3rd Tues., 4:30-6:30 p.m., parish hall. Free food, fellowship; open to all. 766-3680
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Pro-Life Mass,' 8 a.m. Next Masses, Feb. 7, March 7, April 4.
• St. Stephen, Martyr, Merrillville, 'Respect Life Mass,' 9 a.m. Reconciliation, 8:30 a.m. Holy Hour after Mass. Next Masses, Feb. 7, March 7, April 4.
• Bethany Retreat House, East Chicago, 'Daytime Retreats,' 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Tues., Fri., Sat. 398-5047
• Queen of All Saints, Michigan City, 'Theology on Tap,' Jan. 29, Feb. 5, 12, Scarby's South Shore Pub, Michigan City. Open to young adults, 20s & 30s. qas.org or 861-3825 'Quick Journey Through the Bible,' Feb. 17, 19, 24, March 3, 5, 10, 17, 19, 3:30-5 p.m. Fees. 872-9196
• Worldwide Marriage Encounter, 'Weekend Programs,' Feb. 13-15, April 17-19, June 12-14, Elk Grove Village, Ill. 630-577-0778 or wwme-chicagoland.org
• Nativity of Our Savior, Portage, 'Lenten Study Series,' beginning Feb. 10, Tues., noon in church lobby or 6:30 p.m. in Cana Room.
• Whiting-Robertsdale Faith Community, 'Symbolon Series: Part II,' Tues., 6:30 p.m., Sacred Heart's Rose Room. 659-4138
Blue Army of Our Lady of Fatima, 'All-Night Vigil,' Carmelite Monastery, Munster, beginning with confessions, 6:30 p.m. Feb. 6, concluding with Mass, 6 a.m. Feb. 7. Refreshments throughout night. 836-8779
St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Light of Christ Charismatic Group,' 6 p.m., bldg. 4, in library. 921-1428 or 312-320-7145
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Scripture Study Group for Men,' 7 p.m., rectory basement. Open to all; bring your Bible.
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Exposition of Blessed Sacrament,' 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m. 'Prayer for Vocations,' every 2nd Thurs. 926-1282 x1
• Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Hammond, 'Mustard Seed Prayer Group,' 7 p.m., church gathering area. Open to all. 845-6419
• St. John the Evangelist, St. John, 'Charismatic Prayer Group,' 6:30 p.m., day chapel. 365-5217 or 934-1947
• St. Ann, Gary, 'Mass, Benediction, Bible Study,' starting with 8 a.m. Mass.
• Holy Name, Cedar Lake, 'Grief Support Group,' 1st/3rd Wed., 6:30-8 p.m., parish office.
• Holy Trinity (Croatian), East Chicago, 'Free Parent Support Group,' Mon/Thurs, 10 a.m.-noon. 886-1111
• Franciscan St. Margaret Health-Dyer, 'Alcoholics Anonymous,' Sun., 8 p.m., classroom F.
• Our Lady of Sorrows, South Haven, 'Compassionate Friends,' 1st Thurs., 7-9 p.m. For those who have lost children or grandchildren. 462-0921 'Rainbows, Spectrum.' For children experiencing trauma, loss, transition. 759-2400
• Wounded Healers Grief Support Groups, '2015 Winter Series,' running Wed., 7-8:30 p.m., St. James the Less, Highland. 924-5577 or woundedhealers-nwi.com
• St. John the Evangelist, St. John, 'Divorce & Beyond,' 10-week series, in progress since Jan. 12. Open to all faiths. 365-5678 or stjohnparish.org
• Queen of All Saints, Michigan City, 'Divorce & Beyond,' 10-week series beginning Jan. 26. 874-9669
Franciscan St. Margaret Health-Dyer, 'Caregiver Support Group,' 2 p.m. 365-3898 or 888-303-0180
Retrouvaille, 'Weekend Program for Married Couples,' Chesterton. Designed to rebuild loving relationships. 800-470-2230 or helpourmarriage.com
St. Agnes Adult Day Service Center, Valparaiso, 'Alzheimer's Support Group,' second Thurs., 3-4:30 p.m., St. Paul campus. 477-5433
Franciscan Adult Day Services, Crown Point, 'Alzheimer's Caregiver Support Group,' second Sun., 2:30-4 p.m. 661-5302
Franciscan St. Anthony Health-Crown Point, 'Breast Cancer Support Group,' second Wed., 6 p.m. 757-6010