Holy Name, Cedar Lake, 'Tamale Sales,' Orders (by dozen) taken after Masses Aug. 29-30, Sept. 5-6. Delivery Sept. 12-13.
Sharing Meadows, Rolling Prairie, 'Annual Leprechaun Hunt,' noon-6 p.m. Admission fees. 778-2585
Notre Dame School, Michigan City, 'Pancake Breakfast.' Benefit for 8th-grade trip to Washington, D.C.
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Gary, 'Annual Golf Outing,' 8 a.m. registration, Briar Ridge CC, Schererville. $150/golfer. Sponsorships available. 886-3549
K of C Councils 16008 & 8080, Highland, 'Pasta Night Out & Silent Auction,' 6 p.m.-midnight, St. James the Less hall. Benefit for local police officer. Silent auction ends at 11 p.m.
Shrine of Christ's Passion, St. John, 'Annual Shrine Golf Classic,' 11 a.m. registration White Hawk CC, Crown Point. 765-1760 or ShrineGolfClassic.com
Sisters of St. Benedict, Ferdinand, Ind., 'Ferdinand Folk Fest Fondo.' Series of cycling events to benefit sisters' work. ferdinandfolkfestival.com
St. Vincent de Paul District Council of Gary, 'Annual Friends of the Poor Walk,' Lemon Lake County Park, Crown Point & Taltree Arboretum & Gardens, Valparaiso, 9 a.m. registration, 10 a.m. walk begins, both sites. fopwalk.org
Franciscan Alliance Foundation, 'Northern Indiana Gala,' Radisson Hotel at Star Plaza, Merrillville, 6 p.m. cocktails, 7 p.m. program, dinner. Benefit for missions program. 661-3401
• St. Thomas More, Munster, 'Fatima-Lourdes-Spain Pilgrimage,' March 7-17, 2016. $3,598/person. Led by Fr. Yadron. 836-8610
Franciscan Senior Promise, 'Notre Dame & South Bend Legends.' 1-800-931-3322
ARCS of St. Joan of Arc, Merrillville, 'Trip to Barrington, Ill.' Includes lunch, visit at tourism center in Hammond. Fees. 662-2236 or 942-6211
Food & Festival
• St. Michael the Archangel, Schererville, 'Summer Festival,' Aug. 7-8. 322-4505
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Western Days Festival,' Aug. 20-23. 924-4163
St. Stanislaus, East Chicago, 'Parish Festival,' noon-10 p.m. 398-2341
Notre Dame, Michigan City, 'Parish Festival & Back to School Night,' 4 p.m. outdoor Mass, festivities follow, 5-11 p.m. 872-4844
St. Stanislaus Kostka, Michigan City, 'Chicken Dinner,' 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m., parish hall.
Franciscan Senior Promise, 'Lunch Bunches,' Town Club Restaurant, Highland, 1 p.m. For those age 55-older. 1-800-931-3322
• St. Maria Goretti, Dyer, 'Acrylic Painting Classes,' Tues., 1-3 p.m., Casa Maria Hall. Fees. 865-5482
• Young Adult Catholic Outreach Ministry, '2nd Friday Fellowship,' various sites, activities. dgyoungadult.com
• Office of Intercultural Ministries, 'Marriage Prep Classes in Spanish,' Aug. 1 & 8, Nov. 7 & 14, all 3-6 p.m., 3814 Grand Blvd., East Chicago. 397-2125
• Franciscan St. Margaret Health, 'Senior Promise Meetings,' Aug. 13, Hoarding, Hammond campus; Sept. 10, Financial Checkup, Dyer, both at 10 a.m. Open to those age 55-older 1-800-931-3322
• Polish-American Cultural Society of NW Ind., 'Meetings,' Aug. 5, Portage Public Library; Aug. 19, Sept. 23, St. Mary school building, Michigan City, all at 5 p.m. Meeting Sept. 23 features Polish paper cutting craft demonstration. 464-1369
Andrean HS, Merrillville, 'All-Class Reuniting,' 5:30 p.m., main gym. Sponsored by class of '65; open to classes of '63, '64, '66, '67, '68.
St. John the Evangelist, St. John, 'Creator's Corner: Scrapbooking & Papercrafting Event,' 9 a.m.-9 p.m., school gym. Fees. 308-4802, 365-1653, or stjohnparish.org/cfi.php
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Valparaiso, 'HOPE Career Networking,' second Tues., 7-9 p.m., parish hall. Free; open to all.
Health & Fitness
• St. Mary, Crown Point, 'Blood Pressure Screenings,' Aug. 16, Sept. 20, Oct. 18, Nov. 15, Dec. 20, after all Masses, St. Agnes Center. 'Foresters Blood Drives,' Sept. 6, Nov. 29, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Hammes Hall. 663-6779
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'YogaFit Classes,' Tues., 5:30 p.m., in chandelier room. 'Chair Yoga,' Wed., 8:45 a.m., bldg. 2. 926-3495
• St. Maria Goretti, Dyer, 'Zumba Fitness Classes,' Tues., 6-7 p.m., Casa Maria Hall. Fees. 742-6026 'Gentle Yoga,' Thurs., Aug. 6-Sept. 10, 5:30-6:30 p.m. Fees. 865-1531
• St. Joan of Arc, Merrillville, 'Zumba Gold Classes,' Wed., 12:30 p.m., parish hall. For all fitness levels. Fees. 947-0509
• St. Michael the Archangel, Schererville, 'Mindful Chair Exercises,' Aug. 10, 17, 24, 31, 8-9 a.m., St. Patrick Hall. 'Arthritis Prevention Seminar,' Aug. 25, 7 p.m., St. Patrick Hall. 322-4505 x241
• Franciscan Alliance Northern Indiana Region, 'Lung Screenings,' sites in Chesterton, Crown Point, Dyer, Hammond, Michigan City, Munster, Valparaiso. Fees. 1-855-472-1659 'Heart to Heart Program: Venous Disorders & Treatment,' Aug. 1, 9 a.m., Centennial Park Clubhouse, Munster. Free. 1-800-931-3322
• Franciscan St. Anthony Health-Crown Point, 'Series of Diabetes Courses,' August, 1-3 p.m. Tues., 6-8 p.m. Wed. Fees. 757-6268 'Baby Care Class,' Aug. 13, Sept. 10, 7-9:30 p.m. Fees. 'Infant CPR & Choking Class,' Aug. 20, Sept. 17, 6 & 8 p.m. Fees. 'Safe Sitter,' Sept. 11, 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Fees. 757-6368
• Franciscan St. Anthony Health-Michigan City, 'CPR Courses,' Aug. 3, 5:30-9:30 p.m.; Sept. 9, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Franciscan Omni Health & Fitness, Chesterton. 983-9832 x0 'Safe Sitter Class,' July 30, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Fees. 'Infant Care Class,' Aug. 21, Sept. 25, 6 p.m. for class, tours at 5:30 p.m. 1-800-931-3322
• St. Mary Medical Center, Hobart, 'Diabetes Management Classes,' various sites, dates. 947-6234
Franciscan Chesterton Health and Emergency Center, 'Free Child Car Seat Safety Clinic,' noon-2 p.m. 769-8962
Holy Name, Cedar Lake, 'St. Clare's Kitchen,' Tues., 5-6 p.m., basement of church. Sponsored by Secular Franciscans.
Missionaries of Charity, Gary, 'Divine Mercy Soup Kitchen,' M-T-W-F-Sat, 9:30 a.m., former St. Mark convent, 509 W. Ridge Rd.
Ss. Monica and Luke, Gary, 'Soup Kitchen,' Fri., noon-1 p.m., parish hall.
St. Joseph, Dyer, 'Helping Hands Food Pantry,' open 3rd Wed., 10 a.m.-noon, 6-7 p.m. Serving residents of Dyer, Schererville, St. John; bring two proofs of residency. 865-2271
St. Joseph, Hammond, 'St. Joseph Soup Kitchen,' lower level of church, weekdays, noon-1 p.m.
St. Michael Respect Life Group, Schererville, 'Baby Items Needed.' Includes cribs, mattresses, high chairs, car seats, and clothing sizes newborn to 2. 365-5355, 865-0217 or 365-8192
'Winfield Resale Shoppe,' off Randolph St. Open Th-F-Sat, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sponsored by Holy Spirit, Four Seasons Methodist, Cross of Christ Lutheran; St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Valparaiso.
All Saints, Hammond, 'Thrift Shop,' open T-Th, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Donations accepted.
St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Table of Plenty Free Dinner,' Fri., 4:30-6 p.m., Chapel Hall (bldg. 2).
St. Teresa of Avila Student Center, Valparaiso, 'Café Manna,' Thurs., 4:30-6:30 p.m.
St. Paul, Valparaiso, 'Clothing Center for Those in Need,' M/T/W, 1-4 p.m.; Th/Sat, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. 462-0074
St. Mary, Kouts, 'St. Mary's Soup Bowl,' 3rd Tues., 4:30-6:30 p.m., parish hall. Free food, fellowship; open to all. 766-3680
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Pro-Life Mass,' 8 a.m. Next Mass, Aug. 1.
• St. Stephen, Martyr, Merrillville, 'Respect Life Mass,' 9 a.m. Reconciliation, 8:30 a.m. Living Rosary at grotto after Mass. Next Masses, Aug. 1, Sept. 5, Oct. 3, Nov. 7.
July 31-Aug. 2
Our Lady of Consolation, Merrillville, 'Parish Rummage Sale.' 769-1755
July 31-Aug. 2
St. Francis Xavier, Lake Station, 'Parish Rummage Sale.' 962-8626
Andrean HS, Merrillville, 'Five & Nine Antique, Rummage sale,' 7 a.m.-2 p.m., at school. 887-5281
Assumption BVM, New Chicago, 'Rummage Sale,' 9 a.m.-3 p.m., classrooms. 616-3512
Notre Dame, Michigan City, 'Trash & Treasure Sale.' 879-2541 or 879-8053
• Bethany Retreat House, East Chicago, 'Daytime Retreats,' 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Tues., Fri., Sat. 398-5047
• Worldwide Marriage Encounter, 'Weekend Programs,' Aug. 7-9, Oct. 9-11, Dec.11-13, Elk Grove Village, Ill. 630-577-0778 or wwme-chicagoland.org
• St. Michael the Archangel, Schererville, 'Marian Devotions,' Sun., thru Oct. 18, starting at dusk, Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes, east side of parish cemetery. 322-4505 x239 'Bible Study: Unlocking Mysteries of the Bible,' Tues., Sept. 8-Oct. 27, 7-8:30 p.m., St., Patrick Hall. Fees. 'Bible Study: Biblical Timeline,' Thurs., 10-11:30 a.m. Session 1, Sept. 3-Nov. 12 (exc. Oct. 22); Session 2, Jan. 28-March 10, 2016; Session 3, April 7-May 19, 2016. Fees. Signups after Masses in August. 322-4505 x241
• Blue Army of Our Lady of Fatima, 'Observance of 98th Anniversary of Fatima Apparitions,' Aug. 13, Sept. 13, Oct. 13, 7-8 p.m., Carmelite Monastery, Munster. 'All-Night Vigil,' Aug. 7-8, 7 p.m.-6 a.m., Carmelite Monastery. 836-8779 or 887-7829
Office of Intercultural Ministries, 'Migrant Ministry Mass,' Herr Farm, Lowell, 4 p.m. 397-2125
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Light of Christ Charismatic Group,' 6 p.m., bldg. 4, in library. 921-1428 or 312-320-7145
St. Joseph, Hammond, 'Eucharistic Adoration,' 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m., religious education building chapel. Chaplet of Divine Mercy at 3:30 p.m.
• St. Mary, Griffith, 'Scripture Study Group for Men,' 7 p.m., rectory basement. Open to all; bring your Bible.
• St. Patrick, Chesterton, 'Exposition of Blessed Sacrament,' 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m. 'Prayer for Vocations,' every 2nd Thurs. 926-1282 x1
• Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Hammond, 'Mustard Seed Charismatic Prayer Group,' 7 p.m., church gathering area. Open to all. 845-6419
• St. John the Evangelist, St. John, 'Charismatic Prayer Group,' 6:30 p.m., day chapel. 365-5217 or 934-1947
• St. Ann, Gary, 'Mass, Benediction, Bible Study,' starting with 8 a.m. Mass.
Queen of All Saints, Michigan City, 'Eucharistic Holy Hour for Vocations,' 6:30-8 p.m. Featuring Bishop Hying. 872-9196 or qas.org
• Our Lady of Grace, Highland, 'Theology on Tap,' Sun., thru Aug. 2, OLG school cafeteria, 6:30 p.m. garyontap.com
• St. Mary, Crown Point, 'Theology on Tap,' Wed., thru Aug. 5, 7 p.m., Crown Brewing. 663-0044 or garyontap.com
• Holy Name, Cedar Lake, 'Grief Support Group,' 1st/3rd Tues., 6:30-8 p.m., parish office building.
• Holy Trinity (Croatian), East Chicago, 'Free Parent Support Group,' Mon/Thurs, 10 a.m.-noon. 886-1111
• Franciscan St. Margaret Health-Dyer, 'Alcoholics Anonymous,' Sun., 8 p.m., classroom F.
• Our Lady of Sorrows, South Haven, 'Compassionate Friends,' 1st Thurs., 7-9 p.m. For those who have lost children or grandchildren. 462-0921 'Rainbows, Spectrum.' For children experiencing trauma, loss, transition. 759-2400
Wounded Healers Grief Support Groups, '2015 Fall Series,' Wed., starting Aug. 26, 7-8:30 p.m., St. James the Less, Highland. 924-5577 or woundedhealers-nwi.com
St. Agnes Adult Day Service Center, Valparaiso, 'Alzheimer's Support Group,' second Thurs., 3-4:30 p.m., St. Paul campus. 477-5433
Franciscan Adult Day Services, Crown Point, 'Alzheimer's Caregiver Support Group,' second Sun., 2:30-4 p.m. 661-5302
Franciscan St. Anthony Health-Crown Point, 'Breast Cancer Support Group,' second Wed., 6 p.m. 757-6010